Yardman Chipper SC5?

helomech

Threads
From what I can see, the tank looks to be in pretty good shape. It has that material inside to stop it from sloshing around, so without removing that, can't see the entire inside.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The bowl I am talking about, is under the carb.

helomech

Threads
The bowl I am talking about, is under the carb.

Oh, haven't pulled it down yet. I know I will need to, but wanting spark first. Ordered the coil today, should have it Tuesday. But I go to work for 14 days on Wednesday. 14 and 14 sucks, well at least the 14 days at work does.

helomech

Threads
Thanks guys, changed the coil and got it to fire, with fuel being poured in carb. Carb was shot, corrosion all over it. So I ordered a cheap 18 dollar carb on amazon and put it on. Had to modify it a bit, but it is running now and we chipped a bunch of cedar the last few days. It had 4.5 star reviews and the briggs one was 88 bucks. This is not a piece of equipment I will use often. So really didn't want to spend much, I think we paid 40 bucks for the chipper at a garage sale years ago. If I can get it to run for 2 days a year I will be happy. Thanks for all the help. It is really appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9DRTJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you are done , drain the tank then start the engine & run the chipped dry .
Change the oil, take the spark plug out & tip a tablespoon of oil down there, then turn the engine over slowly.
Change the engine oil.
Pop the plug back in and if there is an adjustment on the belts , back them off.

When you come to use it again in 3 years time all you should need to do is pull the plug and crank the engine to expell the oil from the cylinder.

helomech

Threads
When you are done , drain the tank then start the engine & run the chipped dry .
Change the oil, take the spark plug out & tip a tablespoon of oil down there, then turn the engine over slowly.
Change the engine oil.
Pop the plug back in and if there is an adjustment on the belts , back them off.

When you come to use it again in 3 years time all you should need to do is pull the plug and crank the engine to expell the oil from the cylinder.

Cool thanks, no belts on this one, flywheel connects directly to crank. Going to have to turn the machine over on its side to drain the tank, there is nothing on the bottom of it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ell you could syphon the fuel out then just let it run till it stops.
Tipping an engine always risks getting oil every where oil should not be.

helomech

Threads
ell you could syphon the fuel out then just let it run till it stops.
Thanks, but I already tipped it over, still took forever to run out. But it is all ready to sit up for a while.

Hoptoit62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, wife picked it up at a garage sale a couple years ago for cheap. 20 bucks I think. It had carb issues but ran. I let it sit and kind of forgot about it. I cleaned up the flywheel, and the spark plug works in my other equipment. I can find a parts list of everything but the engine parts. The website just says MDT engine not available. We just want it for chipping up mulch.

Thanks

View attachment 43030

View attachment 43031

View attachment 43032

View attachment 43033
I've got one just like it. Mine is a 5 h.p. Briggs n Stratton. Easy to get parts. I've got probably what u need.