Blades RZT54 PTO Disengages when hitting small bumps

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
The seat switch is often adjustable up/down but if not just add something to the contact plate to make it thicker and contact the switch better. Of course it could be a funky switch.

helomech

Threads
Is this switch easy to override or bypass?

I disable almost all of the safety switches on my equipment. Don't know about your model, but it should be easy. If nothing else, just use a tie wrap and keep it in the proper position.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Disabling safety switches is a bad idea in my opinion. If it's broken, fix or replace it. Generally speaking it's a good idea to make sure that there is an operator in the seat any time the blades are spinning.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Disabling safety switches is a bad idea in my opinion. If it's broken, fix or replace it. Generally speaking it's a good idea to make sure that there is an operator in the seat any time the blades are spinning.

While I am not in favour of making idiot proof equipment, there are some items there designed for the protection of others from said idiots.
Anyone who clears a blocked discharge chute on a running mower with their hands deserves to loose those hands.
A few more people walking the streets missing several fingers if not their whole hand reinforces the fact that a mower is not a toy much more effectively than a $20,000,000 advertising campaign.
OTOH the seat switch protects bystanders from a run away mower.

I find it amusing that the same people who argue strongly about how owning a gun is going to protect their family are generally the said same people who dissable all of the safety switches on their mowers, perhaps they will shoot it just before it mows down the grand daughter playing on the lawn ( which was being mowed )

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
While I am not in favour of making idiot proof equipment, there are some items there designed for the protection of others from said idiots.
Anyone who clears a blocked discharge chute on a running mower with their hands deserves to loose those hands.
A few more people walking the streets missing several fingers if not their whole hand reinforces the fact that a mower is not a toy much more effectively than a $20,000,000 advertising campaign.
OTOH the seat switch protects bystanders from a run away mower.

I find it amusing that the same people who argue strongly about how owning a gun is going to protect their family are generally the said same people who dissable all of the safety switches on their mowers, perhaps they will shoot it just before it mows down the grand daughter playing on the lawn ( which was being mowed )
Not to mention that if you disable or remove safety features and there is an accident resulting in personal injury to another person, it's a pretty sure bet that you will be held to be negligent and at fault.

helomech

Threads

On my MX-5100 Kubota I had to disconnect the seat switch. You have to stand up to see the front end loader when hooking up the different forks/bucket. Could not pull up and stand up with the switch hooked up. Disconnected that as soon as I go the tractor. The rest I don't mess with until the mess up. Then I usually bypass them. I don't need those things.