brand new mower from walmart: self-propelled front wheel drive model series A&B

rickylee64

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / brand new mower from walmart: self-propelled front wheel drive model series A&B
there are 2 pipes or pipe like rods obstructing the blades; so i cannot start the lawn mower.
Are these pipes put there by the shipper.
How do i remove them? I see no bolts.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / brand new mower from walmart: self-propelled front wheel drive model series A&B
Re: brand new mower from walmart: self-propelled front wheel drive model series A&B

What manufacturer brand is your mower?
A picture would be good also.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: brand new mower from walmart: self-propelled front wheel drive model series A&B

Those parts are the lower handle. You need to remove the thumb screws just at the start of where the metal rod enters the plastic part of the deck and then pull them up to extend the handle and then install the screws into the hole toward the bottom of those rods. MTD has been doing this for several years on their push mowers.

rickylee64

Forum Newbie
Threads

there are 2 pipes or pipe like rods obstructing the blades; so i cannot start the lawn mower.
Are these pipes put there by the shipper.
How do i remove them? I see no bolts.

briggs & stratton

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Read the instructions.

rickylee64

Forum Newbie
Threads

Those parts are the lower handle. You need to remove the thumb screws just at the start of where the metal rod enters the plastic part of the deck and then pull them up to extend the handle and then install the screws into the hole toward the bottom of those rods. MTD has been doing this for several years on their push mowers.
thankyou very much.