jacobsen 628d

northcreeek262

Threads
Where did you find gator blades that fit the Jacobsen. I have the 72" SD deck.

I bought them online, I can get the pt# if you want. The only difference is that they do not have the 5/8" dip down at the tips like the stock blades but that can be compensated for in the deck height adjustments.

helomech

Threads
I bought them online, I can get the pt# if you want. The only difference is that they do not have the 5/8" dip down at the tips like the stock blades but that can be compensated for in the deck height adjustments.

If it isn't too much trouble, that would be great. If not I can try to search for it, just not sure what to search for. Are they as thick as the factory blades.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Blades are measured diagonally from cutting tip to cutting tip.
All of the after market suppliers have a list of blades by length.
Some are on line while others are only in their printed catalogue.
So you start with getting the length right, then look at the size & type of mounting holes then width & finally thickness
The final bit to consider is the shape.
Some blades are flat while others are cranked to protect the mounting bolts .

So a trip to a frelance mower repair shop would be worth your time.
Most will deal with all of the non genuine suppliers and will have all of their catalogues under the counter.

I run into this problem all the time because most of what was imported got rebadged using local brand names

helomech

Threads
Blades are measured diagonally from cutting tip to cutting tip.
All of the after market suppliers have a list of blades by length.
Some are on line while others are only in their printed catalogue.
So you start with getting the length right, then look at the size & type of mounting holes then width & finally thickness
The final bit to consider is the shape.
Some blades are flat while others are cranked to protect the mounting bolts .

So a trip to a frelance mower repair shop would be worth your time.
Most will deal with all of the non genuine suppliers and will have all of their catalogues under the counter.

I run into this problem all the time because most of what was imported got rebadged using local brand names

Cool thanks

northcreeek262

Threads
First cutting today, it's been really wet this spring. I like the results using the Gator blades and block-off plate. I have had this set-up for a couple of years for Fall leaf mulching but, for some reason I always went back to standard blades and side discharge for mowing. I'm probably staying with the Gators year round now....Mike.