Kohler courage 19 counterweight bearings?

dniksich

Forum Newbie
Threads
First off hi everybody. I'm new here and this is my first post. Now to my question, I have a courage 19 motor that did the usual top case bolts come loose cracking the block. Ok, I fixed the block but unfortunately most of the oil leaked out and froze the motor, but upon teardown the only thing that happened was the lower counterweight bearing froze to the crank and spun in the weight. I got it apart and the crank is fine after a bit of polishing but I need a bearing. Tried contacting kohler directly and they said I can't buy just the bearing but have to get the whole crank/weight assembly :( I do not wanna put a lot of money into this since 1 bearing is all I need. Does anyone know where I can find one new or used? I'd even buy a counterweight assembly used as long as it's not too expensive. I'd really like to get the mower running again since this is the only thing wrong with it and it doesn't have many hours on it. Been looking on ebay with no luck and was hoping maybe one of you can help point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give!

Threads
First off hi everybody. I'm new here and this is my first post. Now to my question, I have a courage 19 motor that did the usual top case bolts come loose cracking the block. Ok, I fixed the block but unfortunately most of the oil leaked out and froze the motor, but upon teardown the only thing that happened was the lower counterweight bearing froze to the crank and spun in the weight. I got it apart and the crank is fine after a bit of polishing but I need a bearing. Tried contacting kohler directly and they said I can't buy just the bearing but have to get the whole crank/weight assembly :( I do not wanna put a lot of money into this since 1 bearing is all I need. Does anyone know where I can find one new or used? I'd even buy a counterweight assembly used as long as it's not too expensive. I'd really like to get the mower running again since this is the only thing wrong with it and it doesn't have many hours on it. Been looking on ebay with no luck and was hoping maybe one of you can help point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give!

Hey D.......... Are you the guy that had this same engine a couple three months ago....???????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
Not a service part unfortunately
AFAIK it is a replace the counterweight job.
If the bearing did not get chewed up too bad you should be able to locktitie it back into the counterweight.
Otherwise a bearing supplier might be able to find a replacement but the replacement is quite likely to be more expensive than the counterweight complete.
VERY IMPORTANT SO I AM SHOUTING, REPLACE THE CONNECTING BOLTS 20-380-16
Once taken apart, they have a bad habit of coming loose in service.
If you go to your local bearing store. take the crank & counterweight with you, let him measure it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yeah, looks like your gonna have to buy the assembly.

Edit. Or do what the professional Bert said. :cool:

dniksich

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, I figured I was gonna have to get the whole thing. Guess I'll just search around in hopes I can find a used one. The bearing is pretty bad and will definitely need to be replaced. And I will take your advice Bert and get new bolts. Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads

dniksich

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking at all the parts diagrams on parts tree,ereplacement parts and other sites, there are no part numbers attached to the counterweight assembly. Nor is the counterweight listed in any parts lists.

It looks like it's part of the Crankshaft, for $297.
Here's a few USED on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_so...ohler+courage+19+crankshaft&_sacat=0&_fosrp=1

Sad as it sounds, it's true. I was told I had to buy the whole crank/cweight assembly. Sucks having to buy the whole setup when you need 1 small aluminum bearing. Gonna check out ebay. Thanks