Breather tube, Intake V- Twin

kh0432

Threads
Would a split breather tube cause the fuel pump to deliver low fuel? My repair manual states that the crankcase breather controls and maintains a partial vacuum in the crankcase. Will that also effect the plus to the fuel pump?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

No,
The valve is on the engine side of the tube.
It will make a lot of mess and allow unfiltered air into the engine.

Are you having problems ?

kh0432

Threads
The fuel pump (new) doesn't seem to be pumping enough gas. I'm also getting some backfire throughout the carburetor when starting. I'm going to check the valve clearance and flywheel key next.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The fuel pump (new) doesn't seem to be pumping enough gas. I'm also getting some backfire throughout the carburetor when starting. I'm going to check the valve clearance and flywheel key next.

Put in new spark plugs first...

Might save you a lot of trouble....

kh0432

Threads
Spark plugs were already replaced. Pulled the flywheel today and key ids ok. I'm going to check the valve clearance next.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is the complaint?
Hard to start?
Post all of the numbers off of the valve cover.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remote impulse fuel pumps very rarely give you any trouble.There was 4 in the parts box when I bought the business 6 years ago & I have only used one of them.
There is a small sintered brass filter that can get clogged which limits the pumping action as air can not escape fast enough.
Did you remove the pump ?
If so the intake is on the side nearest to the impulse line and the output is on the other side.
There is a check valve on the output on cheap ones and a check valve on both fuel lines on the expensive ones.
A mower will run for near 2 minutes on a float bowls worth of fuel which is 1 to 2 ounces so the pump does not have to shift a lot of fuel.

Remove the impulse line and hold some tissue near the end.
Start the engine and you should see the paper flutter.
I used to use the old tounge till some one here suggested the tissue, not as tasty but stops the nose getting burned.

When you reply to Gonzo with the make & model numbers, also post the symptoms you are having.
The internet is free ( well sort of ) so don't be shy.
There is no such thing as too much information.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remote impulse fuel pumps very rarely give you any trouble.There was 4 in the parts box when I bought the business 6 years ago & I have only used one of them.
There is a small sintered brass filter that can get clogged which limits the pumping action as air can not escape fast enough.
Did you remove the pump ?
If so the intake is on the side nearest to the impulse line and the output is on the other side.
There is a check valve on the output on cheap ones and a check valve on both fuel lines on the expensive ones.
A mower will run for near 2 minutes on a float bowls worth of fuel which is 1 to 2 ounces so the pump does not have to shift a lot of fuel.

Remove the impulse line and hold some tissue near the end.
Start the engine and you should see the paper flutter.
I used to use the old tounge till some one here suggested the tissue, not as tasty but stops the nose getting burned.

When you reply to Gonzo with the make & model numbers, also post the symptoms you are having.
The internet is free ( well sort of ) so don't be shy.
There is no such thing as too much information.

Tell us some more about that "Old Tongue"!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll bet it could tell us some good stories!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Always better than a tissue!!!!