Gravely branded engine on proturn-z

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks to me like a Yamaha engine to me. Without engine numbers it is hard to tell. In 2016 Gravely and Ariens announced an agreement to put Yamaha engines in the ProTurn series and possibly use them in some of the higher end Ariens Z-turn models. Yamaha builds a quality engine, but comes with a higher price tag.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It ways they were to be 775, 800 and 825cc engines but maybe they added one?

Gravely reported the new Yamaha EFI engines can be immediately ordered on its Pro-Turn 260 (29-hp engine), Gravely Pro-Turn 452 (29-hp engine), Gravely Pro-Turn 460 (33-hp engine) and the Gravely Pro-Turn 472 (33-hp engine).

“Three valve hemispherical heads, closed loop electronic fuel injection (EFI) with variable ignition timing, and low-friction design result in the most fuel-efficient engines in their class saving users both time and money,” said Jim McPherson, Yamaha’s Outdoor Power Equipment division manager.

https://www.turfmagazine.com/products/gravely-announces-yamaha-powered-ztr-mowers/

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could be a Yamaha engines, but just be aware that a lot of mower companies are now designating other companies engines on their equipment but the engine company doesn't warranty or supply parts for those engines used on those brands of equipment. Like Kawasaki used on JD, or LCT being used on Husqvarna snow throwers.

Gravely has an entire section on the parts radar website just for their Gravely engines which included the Yamaha engines used on certain mowers, but they are using Gravely/Ariens part numbers not Yamaha

Treflan Can

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have now been told that this engine is made by Loncin who also makes engines for exmark/toro
It is a chinese engine that seems to have a good reputation from what little I can find out about it

Anyone have any info or opinions or experience with these engines?