First time shopper

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The OP is asking about Scag mowers with the Kubota Diesel engine. Not Kubota mowers.

I get it. I stated that I loved my Kubota Tractors but NOT KUBOTA LAWN MOWERS. I owned two of the Kubota Zero Turns and they wil not cut grass anywhere near as good as a Scag.

Jwm470

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a first use impression of my first ZTR purchase of my 10 year old used Turf Tiger CAT diesel. My parents 3+acres is wet and thick and clumps with every mower that has cut their yard. This is not new information to those with Scags, but I am amazed how quickly it cut with no clumping whatsoever. I went into my parents house when finished and my Mom said she could not believe I had cut their yard in such a short amount of time.
I am very pleased with the performance except the ride. It will cut faster than my lower back will allow. Definitely a harsh ride. I can see why Ferris suspension mowers are so popular.

DK35vince

Threads
Check your tire pressure.
High pressure can have an effect on ride comfort.
I run my zero turn tires at 8 PSI.

Does it have a suspension seat ???
If so is it working properly ??

Jwm470

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tires are set at 12psi as the sticker on the rim suggested. I will lower to see if that helps. The suspension seat bottoms with my massive 140lb body unless it is set at 200+lbs on the indicator. The former owner is a bodybuilder that is twice my size so it is possible the suspension seat gave up under his weight.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just keep in mind that lowering your tire pressure will effect your deck pitch, raising the front and potentially effecting your cut quality. If you decide to leave them at 8 or 10 psi you'll want to go through the procedure for adjusting it.