Liberty Z Pricing

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It goes a lot like this.
Dealers get their stock on finance from the factory.
This is generally either a set number of days to pay in full or a small deposit ( to cover freight ) then x days interest free to pay full price.
So as the mower approaches the pay by day, dealers are keen to off load it.
Other wise it is then sitting on their floor at overdraft interest rates , or they did not eat that week & paid for it out of accumulated profits .
Once they have paid the factory for it there is no real incentive to sell it quickly and definately no incentive to sell it cheaply.
But there is an incentive when the pay by day approaches.
People find this confusing when they see 10 identical mowers in a shop but only one is marked down $ 200.

Weather you are the lucky one who gets the discount or not is all about timing & your relationship with the dealer.

I do know people who will drive around 15 dealers every day for 3 months till they get the deal they want .
Generally they then boast about how good a shopper they were and how skilful their negoiations were.
They never bother to mention that they spent 300 hours of their time & $ 100 in fuel to get $ 200 off the full retail price.

Now if you were buying a piece of throw away junk like a Husky RZ shopping for the cheapest price might be worthwhile.
However if you are buying something that should have a very long service life a few hundred off the retail price is nothing compared to solid dealer support

badbebe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just paid cash and ordered a Liberty Z 36" for $4100 out the door (with free delivery and an extra set of blades). Sales tax here is like 8.8% so it's almost like a few hundred off MSRP ($4199 I believe?). I have no prior relationship with my dealer.