Jiangdong 5.5 hp high rpm only.

Jbradthomas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jiangdong 5.5 hp motor (Honda Clone) mounted on snow blower. While blowing snow the plastic fuel gauge in tank disintegrated falling into tank. Removed tank and cleaned. Found rubber plug to fill hole. Next time I used the blower ran fine. After use I noticed a puddle of gas on floor. Forgot to shut off fuel valve. Gas was coming out between carb and motor intake. Figured piece of plastic got pass screen filter at fuel shut off holding float open. Removed carb and disassembled. Cleaned with carb clean. Blew everything out with air. Reassembled. Put back on motor. Changed oil as it had gas in it. Engine starts fine but throttle plate stays at about 80% causing very high rpm. If I hold throttle at idle it run fine. Checked governor adjustment is fine. Ordered new carb installed and same problem. Governor linkage is fine. Could new cab be junk also? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brad

Threads
Linkage is hooked up wrong ....... Double check the holes on the throttle plate .....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Jbradthomas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Linkage is hooked up wrong ....... Double check the holes on the throttle plate .....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Linkage is correct. Same as originally. Triple checked. There is only one way to hook up linkage. Ruixing H127Carb.

Last edited:

Mkala

Threads
Governor has moved on shaft coming out of the engine. This happen if you remove the carburetor "forcing" on linkage instead of removing the studs to remove it.

You said governor is ok so you follow the procedure to re-set it ?

Because this ca be only the governor or linkage set wrong, has you can slow it down manually.

Jbradthomas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Governor has moved on shaft coming out of the engine. This happen if you remove the carburetor "forcing" on linkage instead of removing the studs to remove it.

You said governor is ok so you follow the procedure to re-set it ?

Because this ca be only the governor or linkage set wrong, has you can slow it down manually.

Was very careful when removing carb not to disrupt governor. Readjusted governor a few times trying to correct problem. Should shaft coming out of motor move easy? Or should there be a little tension?

Threads
Was very careful when removing carb not to disrupt governor. Readjusted governor a few times trying to correct problem. Should shaft coming out of motor move easy? Or should there be a little tension?

There should be a spring on it..... Tension yes but not just flopping around ..............

Mkala

Threads

When unhooked of carb governor should be really free. Governor shaft bent 90° inside engine, and a gear with weights rise a shaft to push it relative to engine RPM. So when engine does not rotate nothings push on it. But as Boudreaux say, a spring on linkage between carb and governor define the position (until RPM rise, and inside mechanism enter to play to reach equilibrium)

When I removed the carb on an honda clone, the linkage was too short so I messed the governor setting. I apply the following procedure to reset it and worked fine :
http://enginesolutionsinc.com/resources/Governor+Synchronizing+Procedure.pdf