snapper starting problem...

suepic

Threads
Hello, i have a snapper frp216016 with starting issues. I cleaned the carburetor and it will start right up with starter fluid and will go all day but if i try to prime it then pull start it it won't start. took the primer all apart and put two gaskets behind the air cleaner, seems to prime nicely now but still won't start with the pull start. Any ideas where i should look next? Would it still be a carb problem? thanks for any advice.....

Threads
Hello, i have a snapper frp216016 with starting issues. I cleaned the carburetor and it will start right up with starter fluid and will go all day but if i try to prime it then pull start it it won't start. took the primer all apart and put two gaskets behind the air cleaner, seems to prime nicely now but still won't start with the pull start. Any ideas where i should look next? Would it still be a carb problem? thanks for any advice.....

What year is that engine ???? I assume its the Briggs engine you have on there by the way you describe it..... Doesn't have to be exact on the date......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

suepic

Threads
Hi everyone and thanks in advance...... hopefully i have done this right, i have sent 4 photos.....

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 10
  • fullsizeoutput_9649.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_9649.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 12
Threads
Hi everyone and thanks in advance...... hopefully i have done this right, i have sent 4 photos.....

Well either something wasn't clean all the way or that O ring on that intake is really worn...... Or the intake tube is loose where it bolts to the block......

The intake is in the center of that plate in pic 2 ....... The O ring is on the tube ............. Does it sputter a lil bit while running ?????

Let us know Mon Amie ~!~!

suepic

Threads
Thanks Boudreaux, with your suggestion I will go through the carb one more time and then also check the things that you suggest, but I will have to wait till after this snowstorm stops! Lol
Much appreciated!

Threads
BTW check the 2 bolts that hold the carb plate to the block ..... Those get loose also.......

suepic

Threads
Well either something wasn't clean all the way or that O ring on that intake is really worn...... Or the intake tube is loose where it bolts to the block......

The intake is in the center of that plate in pic 2 ....... The O ring is on the tube ............. Does it sputter a lil bit while running ?????

Let us know Mon Amie ~!~!
hi boudreaux, took the carb off and recleaned and also replaced small gasket under needle. Also i replaced o ring around intake valve, everything looks good, will still start right up with starter fluid but won't start with the primer bulb which works very well and a pull ......(also doesn't sputter at all). any suggestions what i should look at next? any help much appreciated.......

Threads
Here's a video I made some time back.............. In the video I said GAS goes thru there NO I MEAN'T AIR..... Air goes in there and forces the gas.....

Seems like you have a issue with your box or primer not working just right.... Hope this helps .....

https://youtu.be/iuIWIC6NjF8