husky tractor mower sputters when blades are engaged

PTC Small Engine

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna tractor mower that backfires and the engine runs real rough when I engage the blades. If I turn the key to the position to backup with the blades engaged then it smooths right out and runs fine. If I push the clutch in it smooths out and runs fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
sounds like you need a tune-up, adjust valves, oil & filter change, spark plug replacement, air filter, inspect belts for replacement, idler pulleys, grease spindles & all grease fittings, steering sector & pinion gears need grease.

Threads
I have a Husqvarna tractor mower that backfires and the engine runs real rough when I engage the blades. If I turn the key to the position to backup with the blades engaged then it smooths right out and runs fine. If I push the clutch in it smooths out and runs fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it a Twin cylinder ?????

SleeperMower

Threads
The reverse safety circuit that kills the engine if you go in reverse with the blades on is likely acting up. I especially think this is true because you said the engine smooths out when you push that button/switch.