HU625Ex

weezer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower blew oil out exhaust and filled combustion chamber. I think boy may have put gas in oil fill? how would I know if its a blown gasket or head or serious issue?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like your carb is leaking gas into the engine. First is to drain and full the oil and turn the engine by hand to see if everything is still working ok. Not by the blade. Then if you have a fuel shut off turn it off and let it sit overnight and see if any gas has gone into the oil. if not then turn the gas back on and wait overnight and see if gas has gone into the oil. We wait for your answers.

Threads
Mower blew oil out exhaust and filled combustion chamber. I think boy may have put gas in oil fill? how would I know if its a blown gasket or head or serious issue?

I'm pretty sure you have the Briggs engine on there ...... Which model Briggs do you have ???? Those small Briggs carbs hardly ever leak gas into the oil case like Blaze said, BUT it can happen on occasion.....

If you have the newer style engine then the carb is easily fixed... They are plastic carbs and don't rust or corrode....

Let us know Mon Ami .....