Tecumseh HS50 67175C

ss63

Threads
Ok question magnet fell off long ago & rusted from sitting i cleaned area so sorta got an idea but need to know how far apart from the other as this distance must be important !? beyond this it should run after cleaning the carb Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Ok question magnet fell off long ago & rusted from sitting i cleaned area so sorta got an idea but need to know how far apart from the other as this distance must be important !? beyond this it should run after cleaning the carb Thanks
I assume you mean ignition coil air gap?
I believe they are generally 10-15 thou... i could not find any specifics on the model ,
usually a index or business card thickness will do

Russ2251

Threads
...Or do you mean the distance between the 2 magnets?

ss63

Threads
I assume you mean ignition coil air gap?
I believe they are generally 10-15 thou... i could not find any specifics on the model ,
usually a index or business card thickness will do

Thanks but thats not that gap this is the one between the 2 magnets that are glued to the inside of the flywheel that pass over the magneto / coil that gap is set by the mounting of magneto the B/S is the one with the mag over / outside the flywheel tecumseh is inside the wheel but thanks

Romore

Threads
It may work after gluing the magnet back on but you would do better sourcing another flywheel from a junked engine. Snow blowers are a good source if you live in the snow belt

ss63

Threads

Yes this is the info. as one is still on & the other off i did clean and can see / get it where it should go but not dead on so the distance should be important ! so hope you can help with that measurement ? Thanks

ss63

Threads
Yes sorry for the delay well now selling off all my collection of machines as I am retiring so please read my new AD Thank you