Stihl Blower BG 56 CE

GovtMule66

Threads
Both of these Zama Carburetors have the same part # on Ebay....Zama C1M-S260B Carb 4241 120 0615

In one of the below photos I have a arrow pointed toward a tube on the primer body.

I was wondering if someone can please tell me what the purpose of this tube is?

Untitled.png

c6988721-e49a-4c8e-8a73-d25b75c355cb_1.62ce5627ade9267314dc656a5b2aa6d8.jpeg

Thanks in advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I will answer yours if you will answer mine

Answer changed because I was wrong.

If the white plastic primer body has a small tube on it then it is a vent that goes into the airbox to vent the 0.00000001cc of unburned fuel that works the fuel pump into the engine & not into the atmosphere thus killing us all.
If it is the only tube on the white primer body then it is a defective part.

Last edited:

GovtMule66

Threads
I will answer yours is you will answer mine

It is the impulse line that takes the crank case pressure pulses to work the fuel pump.

Now why do you want to know ?

Thank you for the reply...

When the original carburetor on my Stihl Blower went bad I ordered 2 replacement Zama carbs just so I would have a spare. When I received my replacement carbs from the vendor 1 had the tube in question and 1 did not.

I should have added that my original Stihl carb of the BG 56-CE did not have the tube in question.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Answer changed because I was wrong.

EPA regulations are getting tighter so a lot of carbs are now non compliant thus the new style primer body.
Send the other one back.
On your Stihl carb there will be a full serial number and you might need to quote all of it to get the right one.
Most of the ebay/amazon retailers would not know a carb from a carrot,they just buy stuff cheap & list it on line pretending to be a big time expert retail outlet when in fact they are a single person sitting on a dunny with a computer on their lap.

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think that is an impulse port.

GovtMule66

Threads

I wasn't sure what the port was but I figured someone could help me.

I do know my Stihl BG 56-CE does not have a impulse line running to the carburetor but maybe some earlier models did. The original Stihl Carburetor did not have this port and the first replacement Zama Carburetor I ordered and installed back on my blower did not have this port.

I ran into this issue when I ordered another Zama Carburetor for a spare using the same part number (C1M-S260 4241-120-0615) and this one had the port.

I will most likely follow bertsmobile1 advice and ship it back to the vendor.

Thanks everyone

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Fish is right & I was wrong so the previous 2 answers have been changed .

I assume that your carb looks like this
C1M-S261B.jpg
If so the big tube goes into the back of the air box & the little one goes back to the fuel tank return line.
However the information is the same, send it back. It is for a latter model of your blower.

GovtMule66

Threads
Fish is right & I was wrong so the previous 2 answers have been changed .

I assume that your carb looks like this
View attachment 42753
If so the big tube goes into the back of the air box & the little one goes back to the fuel tank return line.
However the information is the same, send it back. It is for a latter model of your blower.

Thank you once again and yes the part I received incorrectly is just like the one in you're photo.

I don't know how this vendor is getting by selling both of these carbs under the same part number but I will send it back tomorrow.

a43tJ1549504467.jpg

e2MRB1549504539.jpg

Last edited:

mikehouse

Threads
Hey GovtMule,i was just yesterday looking at the bg50 and 56.Tryna decide.I just do grass clippings.Down a deep sloping driveway.Would the 50 be too soft or just go with the '56?

GovtMule66

Threads
Hey GovtMule,i was just yesterday looking at the bg50 and 56.Tryna decide.I just do grass clippings.Down a deep sloping driveway.Would the 50 be too soft or just go with the '56?

I have never used a BG50 but the BG56 does everything we need on our small farm.

Hopefully someone can chime in that has used both blowers and help you decide which is in you’re best interest to purchase.