Repairs Major Gas Leak

MilesCamp

Threads
You have a bad air leak. picture attached. I made a mistake so ignore the red circle and look at the maroon one. Black on the outside of the circle.
View attachment 42816

Hi BlazNT, that must have been a shadow because I couldn't find anything when I checked the gasket again.

Cheers, Miles

MilesCamp

Threads
Re: Major Gas Leak/carburetor cleaning

I've got everything apart except for the Main Jets and they appear to be Okay in that I can see clear through the four holes. I took out the carburetor nozzle and blew air through the main jets and vice versa - everything was clear. Everything looks good to me except the two ends/sides of the carb, The Intake manifold gaskets appear to be leaking (see pictures) and the Air Cleaner gasket appears to leak also See picture). I assume these are major problems or there wouldn't be a need for the gaskets at all. Everything else appears Okay to me. Now.....the elephant in the room is how do these two gaskets cause gas to pour out my muffler?

Cheers
Miles
PS: I could not find the intake gaskets under the B&S parts manual item #690950. However, after a half day of searching,I found one listed as compatible with my motor (40R877) listed as item #795123

LeftIntakeManifold .jpgRightImtakeManifold.jpgIntakeManefoldGasket 2.jpgAirCleanerGasket1.jpgAirCleanerGasket2.jpg

Threads
It wasn't the gaskets causing it..... It was or is something that was blocking the needle and keeping it from sealing .....

MilesCamp

Threads
Choke linkage problem on my B&S 20HP Twin Intek

Sorry, I put this project on the back burner for awhile - took the wife to San Antonio for a few days, car chores, etc, etc. Spring hit us like a hammer last week and moved the mower back to top priority. The engine has been running like a top with one serious drawback, it will not start with just the key. I must have done something wrong with the choke linkage when I reassembled it but can't figure what. The only way to start it is to first hold the (choke?) linkage shown then turn the key on. Then everything works like it's supposed to. What do I do to fix this.

Thanks, Miles

Attachments

• My B&S 20HP.jpg
    My B&S 20HP.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 4