lt 155 wont start

mikos

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a lt 155 mower that will not turn over. I has new battery on it but still will not turn over

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Attached are wiring diagrams for a JD LT155, one for a 3 amp system (3 position keyswitch) and one for a 20 amp system (4 position keyswitch).

For the 3 amp system the keyswitch positions are: 1) Off, 2) Run, 3) Start/crank. For the 20 amp system the keyswitch positions are: 1) Off, 2) Run w/lights, 3) Run w/o lights, 4) Start/crank. Wiring Diagram JD LT155 with 3 amp system.jpg Wiring diagram- JD LT155 with 20 amp system.png

Do you have power to the keyswitch? If not, there is a fusible link between the battery and the keyswitch. You can blow this fusible link in a heartbeat if power is shorted accidentally. Also check all fuses.

There is a white wire that goes to the ignition module. The white wire needs to be grounded in order to kill spark to the engine. When the key is turned off, the white wire should be grounded, and since it keeps running, obviously the white wire is not grounded when the switch is turned "off".

Your problems could be related to a faulty safety switch. The seat switch is often the culprit....disconnect and use a jumper wire to bypass it and check results.

There are guys on this forum that are much more knowledgeable than me. Hopefully, someone will pick up on this and carry on.

30965-8bad43b62c0cc36369953f6f6be3fb4d.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok, so what does won't turn over mean to you?
1. Turn the key and it makes the noise like it wants to work but does not turn the engine over to start it.
2. You turn the key and it does nothing.
3. You turn the key and the engine spins but will not start.
4. Something else(please explain)