Hustler Raptor Right Wheel Stuck

BCmows

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Raptor with flip up deck. The mower is brand new, 15 hours, blades not used and deck has no scratches. This thing has literally never cut grass, it was a demo unit. When I bought it without being able to drive it (auction). I got on to drive it to my trailer and it fired up perfectly, went to drive it and only the left wheel moved. I assumed parking brake had not disengaged, so I pushed the handbars back out and then pulled them in again, no luck. Left hydro works perfect right wheel is locked up (but makes noise like hydros are trying to move it). I ended up just reving up the engine and slamming the bars back and forward and again and finally broke the thing loose and it drives amazing. Parked it and went to unload it later and it was stuck again. I have checked to make sure the parking brake isn't being told to engage by the safety sensors. Not sure what else could be causeing this problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Time to wiggle some linkages and actually check the physical brake on the drive to make sure it isn't sticking which I bet is sticking in the engaged position when the levers are returned to the park position and then not releasing to drive afterwards.

BCmows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well after investigating I have seen that the issue is the mechanism for the parking brake is internal in the wheel motor. I attempted to free up the mechanism but cant get it working properly, so I opted to remove it and just leave the brake off, relying on the left parking brake to hold it.