Kawaaski FR651V - FX air box conversion

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Filter Minder is 136501-00408 series. Reads up to 8" H2O @ max.

What other specs are you referring to ?
He might be asking about matching the Filter Minder to the air cleaner element.

The Filter Minder needs to correspond with the max restriction recommended by the filter element manufacturer. For instance, the Cummins L-10 manual lists 25" H20 as the max restriction. That's a turbo engine which probably has a higher restriction than a naturally aspirated engine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Kawaski FR651V - FX air box conversion

You're welcome..

cpurvis- Good point... Yes, I'm aware the filter minder must have a correct calibrated rating for the application. Otherwise it's just an ornament.

I have Exactly what is used on FX Kawasaki V-twins, & Kohler.

Kawasaki Part # 52005-2152

Attachments

• Kawasaki 52005-2152.jpg
    Kawasaki 52005-2152.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

chiefcook

Threads
Re: Kawaski FR651V - FX air box conversion

You're welcome..

cpurvis- Good point... Yes, I'm aware the filter minder must have a correct calibrated rating for the application. Otherwise it's just an ornament.

I have Exactly what is used on FX Kawasaki V-twins, & Kohler.

Kawasaki Part # 52005-2152

That is the one I bought. Thanks.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you all have to rejet or adjust carb

Depends on your altitude location. The higher up you are, the leaner the air. The richer it would run.

But for me, I did not have to make any carb changes. Mine (stock) hit 100 hours & spark plugs were still white.

Adding the Donaldson, has just barely given the spark plugs a very very slight tan color to the plugs, & it seems to run cooler & runs better for sure.

No regrets here.

Semtex

Threads
Kawaski FR651V - FX air box conversion

Finally some pics.
Lawn Addict.You’ve done a great job on the air box mate and should feel proud.You’ve put some forethought and effort into the job and pride into your work.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Semtex- Thank You, I appreciate the compliment. I think it did turn out well. I wanted it to "work & look" as if it had came that way. I believe I have achieved that.
I bought the Donaldson canister used from eBay off an FX691V Kawasaki & it was very dirty looking, so I got that cheap, with the mounting bracket & hose. It cleaned up to look almost new. I did get both New Air filters of course. .

7394 aka: Buddy

Last edited:

kcwise1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's hard to get perspective on the block you installed in the old air box space. Do you have dimensions for it, or another picture that better shows it's shape? I like what you did here and want to do the same. Also, is this the kit that actually shows for the the FX motor?