S240 and hill

mjustice83

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran an old John Deere LX266, I bought new, into the ground after nearly 15 years of service it was beginning to have issues with each cutting and I bought a used Cub Cadet 2518 that really looked to be in great shape, no leaks and everything worked and it had 300 hrs on it. After cutting with it for one season and having to replace the blade belt three times, it kept jumping and wearing badly and other minor issues kept it in the repair shop more than my garage I am looking at going back to a Deere. I have about 3.5 acres of land to cut and most of it is flat however I do have a pretty decent hill in my back yard in places which I have cut with and old Murray, the John Deere and the Cub just fine in the past. I was wondering if the S240 would have issues with the hill. A local Deere dealer has a Promise S240 which never left the premises for $2550 and financing if I choose that route. Any one have any experience with the S240? I loved my old LX266 and up until the last year I had it I knew if I did my basic maintenance it would start every time and finish my cutting job.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
This mower retails for about $2550 brand new. It does have the non-serviceable K46 Tuff Torq hydrostatic transmission. Might do a search on those trannys and note the early failures and they are not serviceable without disassembly. For the size of your yard I'd go with a bigger, better, mower.