HELP... Log Splitter Issues B&S engine

Todd J

Threads
My neighbor has a log splitter from Tractor Supply. It has a B&S 675 Series engine. The problem is that engine will not start without holding choke shut manually and then working throttle by hand. I am sure there is a spring or rod missing on carb. but not sure what or where it goes since I didn't see it before. He loaned it to someone and it came back broke. The model of the engine is 126M02-0432-F1. Here are a couple of pics of carb. hopefully someone can help.

Attachments

• IMG_9032.jpg
    IMG_9032.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9034.jpg
    IMG_9034.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 20
Threads
Take the air filter off and the air box....... 3 bolts holding it on and post a few more pics......

I work on those all the time......

Where you at in Louisiana ??????

Threads
The reaso I asked for that is I don't see a choked style carb...... Do you have a red primer bulb in the front of the air box ???

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not sure what you are calling the choke since that carb doesn't use a choke because it is a primer engine. I suspect the problem is a dirty carb, or bad gas that is causing the issues. I don't see anything missing from the carb area, and everything looks like it is in the correct location. Wouldn't hurt to clean some of the junk out around the little metal kill tab next the small plastic square, could be shorting to ground and causing ignition issues.

Threads
Not sure what you are calling the choke since that carb doesn't use a choke because it is a primer engine. I suspect the problem is a dirty carb, or bad gas that is causing the issues. I don't see anything missing from the carb area, and everything looks like it is in the correct location. Wouldn't hurt to clean some of the junk out around the little metal kill tab next the small plastic square, could be shorting to ground and causing ignition issues.

I can bet good money his main jet is clogged up .............. And you are right on the spot with the kill tab ~!~!

Todd J

Threads
Yes, it does have a primer bulb in front of air box. Will have to get more pics tomorrow. Too dark now.
I live in Pride, La. just north of BR

Threads
Yes, it does have a primer bulb in front of air box. Will have to get more pics tomorrow. Too dark now.
I live in Pride, La. just north of BR

I know Pride in fact that's where Elly May Clampett is from and buried there...... Take off the bowl nut but leave the bowl on for now.....

There are 2 holes at the bottom of the nut and 1 on top clean those out well and do what IL Engine said......

You should be good to go..... Don't worry about the xtra pics I asked for .............

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Russ2251

Threads
Please note that in 2nd pic primer bulb is collapsed (sucked in).

Todd J

Threads
Thanks Guys, I'll try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Threads
Please note that in 2nd pic primer bulb is collapsed (sucked in).

Yes I can see the bulb now that I looked good ..... It's Normal to me they do set inside like that .........

Todd J there is a hole in the middle of the bulb.... That's normal on those style engines.....