Toro 726 TE: What should I know about it.

blowman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 726 TE this fall and absolutely love it. Are these 726 TE blowers pretty rare and did I get a good deal when I paid $175 for it. I'm pretty sure I got a good deal after doing a little research. It needs a new starter (problem came with blower). I can't hardly bog this thing down and it knifes right through the snow plow drift too. My neighbor just bought a new 3 stage cub cadet, but I think I have the better blower. I would appreciate any and all opinions and information. I love the blower so far and I think my neighbors kind of envy my 726 TE as they see it perform. There's no performance anxiety with this machine.:smile: Both my neighbors across the street from me run Cub Cadets and my next door neighbor runs a 5 HP MTD I believe. My other next door neighbor works at CHS and uses a loader to clear his drive.:smile:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your serial starts with 24 you have a 14 year old mule. Just make sure you give it a sugar cube and carrot at the end of the season. That unit was overpriced when it came out and for that reason it wasn’t around long. Those that bought them found out the price was worth the quality. End of the season make sure you drain the fuel system entirely, tank, lines and carb. If you don’t know how to drain the carb, spend a buck on a dozen donuts and talk to the mechanics at a good repair shop on how to do it. You want at system which is totally dry for storage and you should have a unit which will serve you well for many years.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
SRT, unless I have lost it he isn’t asking about a carb. He’s just asking about opinions and info about the new unit he bought.

(Account Closed)

Threads
No, I know that...

I was adding to your post re "winterizing" (or "summarizing") the machine, IE, the carb especially to prevent varnish, etc..

Specifically, either dropping the bowl (to rid ALL fuel), or if there was a drain bolt, etc...

We're on the same page..:thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like a good deal to me

I suggest that you just make sure that the augers and the impeller aren't rusted to their respective shafts. If they are there's a risk that the shear bolts/pins won't shear if your machine ingests something it shouldn't.

jkp62

Threads
Just ran across this thread- IMO, you got yourself a nice deal. Bought mine new in 2003 ( $900 ) , still throws snow like new. I also have a starter issue, but starts with rope - if I resolve the electric starter problem, I will pass on what I find

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is that a two stroke motor? That would be an unusual machine I'd think. Oops, just saw the other post about the two stroker.

Last edited:

jkp62

Threads
I`ve had mine since new- love it. Seems as powerful now as when new- the motor is a great design . My starter no longer works, also, but now with a new primer bulb, starts with little effort. Good deal ( I paid $900 for mine, but spread over 15 years, was not that much.) Use non ethanol if possible, high quality premix