Tecumseh hm100 exhaust

88nightrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone!
I know this is not really a lawnmower, so please excuse me. Its an Ariens ST 1032 snowblower. :ashamed:
My Tecumseh hm100 exhaust muffler was rusted out, so I ordered a new one. In the mene time I thought I should remove the old one.
OFC the exhaust bolts broke off with maby 5mm sticking out of the engine block... :thumbdown:
I was thinking about just ditching the stock muffler, and ordering a "pipe muffler". But I can't seem to find the pipe size listed anywhere.
To me it looks like 1" (NTP?). But I can only find 3/4" from Tecumseh. I have found 1" Brigs mufflers.
So in short what is the correct size for my engine?

Thank you in advance :wink:

Threads
Hey everyone!
I know this is not really a lawnmower, so please excuse me. Its an Ariens ST 1032 snowblower. :ashamed:
My Tecumseh hm100 exhaust muffler was rusted out, so I ordered a new one. In the mene time I thought I should remove the old one.
OFC the exhaust bolts broke off with maby 5mm sticking out of the engine block... :thumbdown:
I was thinking about just ditching the stock muffler, and ordering a "pipe muffler". But I can't seem to find the pipe size listed anywhere.
To me it looks like 1" (NTP?). But I can only find 3/4" from Tecumseh. I have found 1" Brigs mufflers.
So in short what is the correct size for my engine?

Thank you in advance :wink:

3/4 NPT pipe thread / pipe is right at 1 inch OD.........

88nightrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
use liquid wrench or similar product to spray broken bolts down & let soak a while, be patient, then try removing broken bolts, i posted above as possibilities you may want to contact regarding muffler parts for your Tecumseh engine.
I have to see what I can get here.
Will a good penetrating oil do it?

3/4 NPT pipe thread / pipe is right at 1 inch OD.........
I'm confused :confused2: I'm metric :laughing:
Would something like this work: Tecumseh 32985 Replacement Muffler (3/4 NPT)

Threads

88nightrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have the threaded hole in your block then it should fit......

If your muffler hole is 1 inch or about 25 MM that muffler will screw in there.....
Thank you! :thumbsup:
I just got confused with the 3/4" NTP part :confused2:
Is it 3/4" ID then? Just curious :smile:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Guys usually get fuzzy on actual dimensions when discussing size...

Romore

Threads
:laughing: No comment. If some of the bolt is sticking out try tapping it firmly in four places using a hammer and pin punch. You should then be able to wind it out with vise grips.

Threads
:laughing: No comment. If some of the bolt is sticking out try tapping it firmly in four places using a hammer and pin punch. You should then be able to wind it out with vise grips.

Yeah LOL....... I remember on Friday after next or whatever Craig put some vise grips on the big guy's NUTS ............ LMAO ~!~!