Cowboy

cowboya69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2004 exmark 27 hp water cooled with 60 in deck. My wheel motor on one side sheared the shaft inside. I pulled the filter and had some metal shivers, but not many. What is the odds of being ok with replacing the wheel motor. And not having a problem. Is there anything I need to do. Also does anyone have a wheel motor?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the two drive systems shouldn't cross contaminate, but the oil tank, lines between the pump and motor as well as the low pressure lines from the pump/wheel motor to the oil tank and back to the pump will need to be drained and flushed, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to disassembly and also inspect the pump.

If you found metal debris in the filter, that same stuff has already went through the pump unfiltered.

Threads
metal shavings in the filter is a good thing ..... The filter caught it...... But I think that you are going to have to get the whole system cleaned out and sanitized real well.......

Bert and a couple others on here will chime on your issue......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The oil tank and filter is fed into normally a charge pump to push oil into the main belt driven pump. Which is then sent to the wheel motor in one direction or the other depending on direction of travel of the mower. There is a certain amount of oil that is lost due to internal leakage of the pump and wheel motor. That leakage is sent back into the oil tank via low pressure lines, where it is then filtered and then sent back to the main pump to make up for system lose.

The oil that is returned from the wheel motor is recirculated through the main pump and then back to the wheel motor, basically acting as a closed loop system. So the only oil in the system that get filtered is the oil from internal system leakage. So the debris from a failing wheel motor goes back and forth between the wheel motor and the pump which is the reason why a failing wheel motor will damage a pump.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
The oil tank and filter is fed into normally a charge pump to push oil into the main belt driven pump. Which is then sent to the wheel motor in one direction or the other depending on direction of travel of the mower. There is a certain amount of oil that is lost due to internal leakage of the pump and wheel motor. That leakage is sent back into the oil tank via low pressure lines, where it is then filtered and then sent back to the main pump to make up for system lose.

The oil that is returned from the wheel motor is recirculated through the main pump and then back to the wheel motor, basically acting as a closed loop system. So the only oil in the system that get filtered is the oil from internal system leakage. So the debris from a failing wheel motor goes back and forth between the wheel motor and the pump which is the reason why a failing wheel motor will damage a pump.

Thanks for that explanation!

cowboya69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone for your help. I will let you know what happens

Well the saga continues, I have found a 2004 lz25 ka604 that has a bad motor with 1933 hrs but hydraulics work good. I think I can swap out the hydraulics to my lz27lka 604. Will anyone tell me if I can? Sorry to be a pain.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the saga continues, I have found a 2004 lz25 ka604 that has a bad motor with 1933 hrs but hydraulics work good. I think I can swap out the hydraulics to my lz27lka 604. Will anyone tell me if I can? Sorry to be a pain.
Hi. No answer for you but I wanted to suggest that you post a new thread with something in the title that explains your need. This thread and its title aren't likely to get you much assistance.