Raptor Bogging Down/Missing/Stuttering

Threads
You can get one on loan from any Auto zone or Oreilly's ....... They will ask for a deposit and you get it back when you return the tool........

dfbroxy

Threads
If the compression is ok then test the coils. When they start to go bad they will spark when cold and not when warmed up. Test them when the engine is hot. I hope others will chime in about the hydros. That isnt my strong suite.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just a simple, free, test.
Pull of one of the plug wires and start the engine.
Then, plug that wire back on, then pull the other side, and start.

If it runs on one test and not the other, then you are on your way to isolating the problem.

Nail

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a simple, free, test.
Pull of one of the plug wires and start the engine.
Then, plug that wire back on, then pull the other side, and start.

If it runs on one test and not the other, then you are on your way to isolating the problem.

It’ll start and run with either plug wire removed... haven’t tested the spark hot yet right after it starts acting up, but I’ll do that.

Thanks everyone.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a simple, easy test. And it costs nothing.....

TheHustler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check your oil, if it is more full than it should be it probably has fuel in the crankcase. This will happen on the Raptor if you fill the fuel tank all the way to the neck. The fuel will go thru the vent tube and in the crankcase of the engine. This is due to the fact, that the carb is lower than the top of the tank.

mhavanti

Threads
TheHustler,

You are correct and that manufacturer ventilation system was good in theory, however, it can also push fuel all over the floor if the tank is over filled. I raised the fuel ventilation to the bottom of the fuel filler neck thereby keeping the tank from pushing fluids out of the tank.

I do not suggest others do this. Just an example of a way to solve the fuel overflow into the oil from the carb.

Max

Fuel Tank Ventilation Upgrade.jpg

Attachments

• Fuel Tank Ventilation Upgrade.jpg
    Fuel Tank Ventilation Upgrade.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19

Nail

Forum Newbie
Threads
After testing many theories and doing lots of work I finally replaced the fuel pump. So far, so good!

Thanks for the input.

Russ

mhavanti

Threads
Nail,

Glad to hear you're up and running. Keep us informed.

Max