Tecumseh 7 HP flywheel magnets came off

dana a

Threads
My engine is a HH70-140038C and both magnets had come off and were stuck to the coil. I can tell where one had been glued to the flywheel there's no rust. The rest of the inside of the flywheel has the same amount of rust all the way around it so I can't determine the exact location where it needs to be glued. Do any of you know how to determine the location where the other magnet should be. Would a close guess be good enough to get a proper spark or does it have to be exact? Thanks

Dana

Threads
Yes they do have to be EXACTLY in place........ That is part of your ignition timing .........

Where they epoxy back on I have no idea to be exact.......... Someone else will chime in later on ....... A good used part if you can find one might be the way to go.......
Plus tard Mon Ami ~!~!

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is this motor on? Tiller?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked your local repair shops. They probably have a used flywheel laying around.

dana a

Threads
It is on an Ariens tiller. I did check with the local repair shop and they didn't have any idea exactly where the magnets should go or how to find out. I can tell where one used to be glued on but not the other. It had apparently been off a long time. I saw a flywheel on ebay that looked like mine but it said it came off an HH70-140056E. If I can get the flywheel magnets on I'll put it and the crankshaft in and and spin it with a drill and see if it will make a spark. If it will spark I'll start gathering parts. I found a NOS rod and possibly a piston. My piston has a piece of the skirt broken off. Could the engine be run with a piece of the skirt missing and still last?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The flywheel on ebay is the same part number as the one used on your engine according to the IPL.