Toro 3216 zero turn

bobbyh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this without knowing the engine was Chinese. Silly me, I thought TORO was a real American company. I have had carburetor problems each for the 4 years of ownership. None of my local independent guys know anything about LONCIN engines. Has anyone found a parts source for these engines. Or, better yet, does anyone know if there is an American engine that will directly replace the LONCIN. Anything will be helpful.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Loncin parts will be available from your friendly Toro dealer.
It is not a tough luck if it goes bang & stops Harbour Freight engine, buy another.

Down here Loncin do have a distribution network & one of my wholesalers now has access to Loncin at reasonable prices .
If it is happening down here it should also be happening in bigger markets like the USA.
I know that Stens do a line of service parts, filters, carbs etc .
These are OEM parts that hopefully have gone through Stens QC dept as down her Stens do 12 month warranty on them.

The Loncin engines seem good enough for purpose.
I have had on fail because the governor flew apart & another because the governor lever was not tight enough on the governor shaft so I have added double checking them to my normal service

Any OHV 1" PTO single cylinder engine will drop right in but you will have to do a rewire.

Threads
I bought this without knowing the engine was Chinese. Silly me, I thought TORO was a real American company. I have had carburetor problems each for the 4 years of ownership. None of my local independent guys know anything about LONCIN engines. Has anyone found a parts source for these engines. Or, better yet, does anyone know if there is an American engine that will directly replace the LONCIN. Anything will be helpful.

Bobby which engine do you have ???? LC1P92F-1 ?????

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you using E-10 gasoline ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And your service manual is on the toro web site
https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails/?id=42086

At the end of the individual parts pages is the download for the complete parts list, including the engine
And the service manual also covers the engine.

The engine as shown in the Loncin parts breakdown is not exactly the same as the engine Toro uses.

Threads
And your service manual is on the toro web site
https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails/?id=42086

At the end of the individual parts pages is the download for the complete parts list, including the engine
And the service manual also covers the engine.

The engine as shown in the Loncin parts breakdown is not exactly the same as the engine Toro uses.

Which one Bert ???? The LC1P92F-1 in my link ????

You know more about those engines more than I do ...... I may have worked on a Loncin engine a few years ago for a friend of mine.... It didn't have any name stickers on it and it looked like Chonda engine... All I did was clean the carb really well and as for as I know it's still running.....

Like I said before I have no idea about those engines......Just giving out a link for parts.....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ............