Toro 3216 zero turn

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which one Bert ???? The LC1P92F-1 in my link ????

You know more about those engines more than I do ...... I may have worked on a Loncin engine a few years ago for a friend of mine.... It didn't have any name stickers on it and it looked like Chonda engine... All I did was clean the carb really well and as for as I know it's still running.....

Like I said before I have no idea about those engines......Just giving out a link for parts.....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ............

When the new Time Masters started coming in I had to find information on them
It was right there on Toro's web site like all the information you ever need for repairing anything Toro ever made once you find the right numbers to plug in.

Prior to that I had been using the parts breakdowns from Loncin's web page and ordering parts from RGS
The Loncin site carries the base model parts breakdown.
The carb , air cleaner, governor arm & springs and engine plug are all different on the Toro branded engines.
The biggest problem was the plug as I had to do some rewiring being that I do not have the round terminals & plugs as down here we use spades.

Can not work out what the difference in the carbs is, nothing apparent apart from the manifold .
I would hazard a guess that the Toro branded carb was a bit leaner & EPA compliant.
The throttle control plate on the replacement Loncin engines does connect to the TORO engines.
They swapped right over just the same as yo might have to do when swapping an engine from a AYP mower to an MTD mower.

WE get a lot of mowers direct from China.
They come here and get rebadged to local mower companies names & store brands.
A lot of them are as cheap as $ 750 landed so all of what used to be made for the local market by AYP , MTD or Murray now come direct from China
I can see the logic , $ 750 then a few stickers and it is $ 1300 into the retailer and $ 1999 to the customer.
Nothing imported from the USA can come close to those prices locally.
Manual PTO McCulloch , Craftsman & Poulans start at $ 3000, in fact JD's are the best bang for your buck down here where I gather over there you pay a big premium for the green & gold.

bobbyh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you using E-10 gasoline ?

Yes. I do put an additive in the gas from "Lucas" that is supposed to counter the effect of the ethanol. I have not been able to locate a source for non ethanol gas in my area (White House, TN).

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve been working on the Loncin engines since Toro started using them about 8 years ago. The first year we saw them was on push mowers and the small snow throwers. To be point blank honest I hated them. Big problem was the carburation system, along with nonservicable starters, cylinder, and bushing problems, my opinion, just plain junk. I spent as much time with the Toro techs as I did on the engine. Even talked to Loncin repair techs. To Toro’s and Loncin’s credit they reworked the carbs and engines the next year and since then problems in our shop were reduced to what you see on all brands. They also now have a serviceable starter, cast iron sleeves and a crankshaft bearing. Because they are set so lean we recommend non-ethonal fuel and draining the fuel system are the end of the season. This has reduced our fuel problems for our customers who follow our suggestions. Biggest problem I encounter with this carb is plugging of the idle jet when fuel is allowed to sit for an extended period of time. Only thing I don’t like is the fact that many replacement parts now have to come as assemblies, which increases the cost of repairs. Don’t really know if it is a great engine yet, still to early to tell, but from what I have experienced my opinion is that it is a good engine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
At my Toro Dealers long ago I saw a Toro Z with a Toro branded engine, I asked the Dealer, who is making the engines ? He said Toro was.. I asked if they were coming from china ? (something I had read)...

Man he got hot & let me have it both barrels. LOL I don't mention then out there any more..

Threads
Yes. I do put an additive in the gas from "Lucas" that is supposed to counter the effect of the ethanol. I have not been able to locate a source for non ethanol gas in my area (White House, TN).

There are 627 Non ETHO stations in Tennessee here is the link ............ There might be more cause not all people are aware that they can add a station on this site...... If you have a Jobber in your town then they might have it........

www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TN

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

(Account Closed)

Threads
At my Toro Dealers long ago I saw a Toro Z with a Toro branded engine, I asked the Dealer, who is making the engines ? He said Toro was.. I asked if they were coming from china ? (something I had read)...

Man he got hot & let me have it both barrels. LOL I don't mention then out there any more..

I asked the same thing at my dealer (zero turn, welded deck). They said Toro as well, great engine-no problems.. S..t…..

Thanks for this info guys, I know what I WON'T be buying.

(Account Closed)

Threads

I asked the same thing at my Toro dealer (zero turn, welded deck). They said Toro as well, great engine-no problems..
S..t…..

Thanks for this info guys, I know what I WON'T be buying.

Re lean running, no larger jets available? If not, perhaps opening the stock jet a tad?

cruzenmike

Threads
I asked many times about the Toro branded engines and while it appears that the 22.5 and 24.5hp engines have seemed to have few problems maybe the single cylinder is not made to the same specs or tolerances? If your mower has had problems from day one, it should have been taken to the dealer that first year while it was under warranty.

bobbyh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivets and all the others who responded. Thanks for all the good info. In answer to one question, I did take it back after the first season to the Toro dealer. They informed me that there was no rebuild kit available for the carb and because they suspected the gas I put in caused the problem it was not a warranty repair. I was on the hook for close to $300.00 for a new carb and labor. This was when I first discovered that the engine was Chinese.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As a Toro guy I’m sorry and pissed to hear about your experience. Carb repair kit is 120-4364 and sells for about $18.00. You better find a new repair shop, as you got taken big time by someone who saw you coming. We have a Toro dealer about 35 miles from our place and they are just like that guy you took our unit to. Replace instead of repairing means more $$$, but less repeat customers. We have a love/hate non relationship with this guy. What really gets me fired up is this guy went through my program and now says we don’t know what we are doing. I guess he was one of my failures, can’t win them all.