Husqvarna YTH20K46 Drive (motion) belt slipping coming off.

pin2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH20K46 Drive (motion) belt slipping coming off.
Hello -

Newbie here so thanks in advance for your help.

I have a 8 year old Husqvarna YTH20K46 and when I try to in reverse or press the brake it stop moving.

Here is what I have done so far.

1. Reset the old belt and was able to drive and than after a while same problem the belt slips.
2. Purchased a new OEM belt and installed it and first press to go in reverse and the belt slipped.
3. Clear all possible trash and debris of grass and leaves to confirm no blockage to belt.
4. When the parking brake is set the belt is snugged tightly with good tension.

What I did observed is that the belt around the Transaxle pulley seem to be not snugged with the curve of the pulley. Wondering if that is the issue.

Any suggestion to fix this slippage issue?

Thanks Again.

Pin2

Gearjammer

Threads
Check for slop in pulleys due to worn bearings or bent pulley. Either might cause a belt to jump the pulley. Good luck. Gearjammer

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the belt slipping off of the transmission drive pulley. If so then check the tranny support bracket to make sure it is still attached to the tranny. Some of the Husqvarna mowers has a bracket on the center front that would break the bolts off, strip the bolts out of the tranny, or in some cases break the bracket. If the bracket has come loose also look at the frame where the axles connect to the frame for cracks.

Threads
Is the belt slipping off of the transmission drive pulley. If so then check the tranny support bracket to make sure it is still attached to the tranny. Some of the Husqvarna mowers has a bracket on the center front that would break the bolts off, strip the bolts out of the tranny, or in some cases break the bracket. If the bracket has come loose also look at the frame where the axles connect to the frame for cracks.

I will add to what IL Engine said ........... Pulleys will wear on the inside..... The inside of the pulley gets smaller and so worn that the belts don't fit right.............

That's why some people think that their belts are stretched..... Belts do not stretch length wise they do get skinnier though......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!