Compression on A Generac 196cc engine

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads
If I'm not making a mistake, 168F-2 is a Chinese clone of Honda GX200... but I don't know Generac (not a brand in my country).

All GX engines (and clones) have a decompression mechanism
https://www.bmikarts.com/Stock-Camshaft-for-Honda-GX200-65HP-Clone-Engine_p_24.html

So 60SPI is perhaps not real - and you engine is good.

You know, It looks just like a small Honda engine. It doesn't say Honda on it anywhere though. I hope that at least makes it easier to get parts if needed.

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads
Generac list 60 psi as the minimum compression using a screw in automotive compression gauge per the service manual.

I believe the single cylinder engines used on Generac equipment are made my Loncin, but they are branded as Generac engines, and all parts and other information is from Generac. Generac manufacturers the twin cylinder engines on the over 10K portable generators

The compression was about 58-59. Do you think that'll still be good? I'm going over tomorrow to open up the carb and do a cleaning.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wouldn't worry about the compression readings, just drain the oil, clean the carb, make sure it isn't leaking past the float needle, and start it up. Generac doesn't offer parts for the carbs, or are very limited, so if anything goes wrong with a gasket options may be limited at that point.

Threads
Generac list 60 psi as the minimum compression using a screw in automotive compression gauge per the service manual.

I believe the single cylinder engines used on Generac equipment are made my Loncin, but they are branded as Generac engines, and all parts and other information is from Generac. Generac manufacturers the twin cylinder engines on the over 10K portable generators

Thanks for pointing that out to me about the engines ....... I had contacted Generac a couple years ago and the Nice sales lady assured me their engines were made here .......

She is a sales lady of course and didn't know better, just what she is told to say......

BUT she did get my parts to me though ...... I always thought they were made in Japan, which Vanguards were made there also, and I would rather a Japan built over china built IMHO.....

Briggs did have QC for their engines there.........

BTW we have had 3 break ins in our big shop within the last 6 months........ 2 times here in the last 2 weeks........ They were looking for guns in the gun shop part of our shop....

Next time the alarm goes off we won't wait on the deputy to show up..... We are gonna be there first and when they come out or attempt to come out they are gonna stay inside the shop with a lil 45 help from us.....

Nope we not gonna kill them we just gonna hold them there till the law shows up....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads
BTW we have had 3 break ins in our big shop within the last 6 months........ 2 times here in the last 2 weeks........ They were looking for guns in the gun shop part of our shop....

Next time the alarm goes off we won't wait on the deputy to show up..... We are gonna be there first and when they come out or attempt to come out they are gonna stay inside the shop with a lil 45 help from us.....

Nope we not gonna kill them we just gonna hold them there till the law shows up....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

That escaleted quickly...

I got the pressure washer running. The gasket between the carb and the air filter housing was a little deformed and there was a little corrosion in the carb, and I can only get it running with the. Choke half on but it's working. They want me to pressuread wash their brick steps now, I'm wondering, how bad is it for the motor if I have it running like this? I'm think for a full fix, maybe a new carb and gaskets.

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

BTW, they sound really stupid given that they are trying to steal guns out of your shop, so be careful!

Mkala

Threads
You know, It looks just like a small Honda engine. It doesn't say Honda on it anywhere though. I hope that at least makes it easier to get parts if needed.
Looks like... it's why they are called clones (or Clonda or Chonda). A lot of part (if not almost all) are interchangeable. I don't say they are same quality by the way.... but you have the full range choice (price, quality) from cheapest (unknown brands) - not bad (Loncin, I hope these Generac ?) - to the original (Honda GX).

I got the pressure washer running. The gasket between the carb and the air filter housing was a little deformed and there was a little corrosion in the carb, and I can only get it running with the. Choke half on but it's working. They want me to pressuread wash their brick steps now, I'm wondering, how bad is it for the motor if I have it running like this? I'm think for a full fix, maybe a new carb and gaskets.
This mean your are too lean, so dirt in the carb. You should clean it all the way to have the engine running good.
To test or in case of emergency you ca run with half-choke, but on long term this mean you have to the right mixture on you will have issues (lack of power, carbon build up, ...)

Threads

Your carb is still a lil dirty or the UN METERED air is too much from the bad gasket on the intake...............

Yes they are stupid for multiple break ins.......... They gonna feel worse than stupid next time they try it........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!