Is this Jacobsen worth it?

Zach8815

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been looking into getting a lawn tractor with a snowblower. Found this on Craigslist. I emailed the owner about it. He doesn’t know the year or model. I’ve been trying to find information online but can’t seem to find one that has the 2 rectangular headlights. So if anyone knows year/model that would be helpful. This comes with mower deck, plow, and snow blower although owner said a sprocket broke on the snowblower during the last snow storm
We had so I would have to get that fixed. Owner says it runs good and has new belts, just doesn’t have time to fix snow blower. Anyway I can buy the tractor and attachments for 400. Is that a good/fair deal?

Attachments

• 79C775E7-537E-4529-9454-D9CA51D69A45.jpeg
    79C775E7-537E-4529-9454-D9CA51D69A45.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 25

Romore

Threads
I would say that is a fair deal. Be aware Jacobsen has been out of the consumer market for 30 years so you will have to be resourceful when parts are required

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
One one hand that old school stuff was heavy built to last, and about anything on it can be fixed. But a new walk behind two stage locked axle 8 or 10 HP electric start variable speed easy to maneuver machine with heated handles would sure be nice too.

Zach8815

Forum Newbie
Threads
One one hand that old school stuff was heavy built to last, and about anything on it can be fixed. But a new walk behind two stage locked axle 8 or 10 HP electric start variable speed easy to maneuver machine with heated handles would sure be nice too.

I have a walk behind snow blower I bought last year. Starts immediately and does a great job moving snow. I have a riding lawn mower that does the job. I rebuilt the carb last year based off of trouble shooting on this site. I more like the tractor part. It seems higher than my riding lawn mower. Even with the deck off. I’m looking to buy a 4 acre lot with home all cleared. I want to try a small farm with pigs and veggies.

(Account Closed)

Threads
As noted, if you can't find a new sprocket, it's useless as a snow blower...

Hopefully someone can post what it is and then try to find the broke part.

Can you post a pic of the broke part? Might be re-pairable.