My Snow Rig

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
All dressed up and nowhere to go, as usual. All of the snow from the weekend storm washed away with the rain except for the northern extreme of my route. Being on the shore that happens all too often. Sooner or later we'll end up getting dumped on.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 with 8'2" Boss Power V XT (all new exterior hydraulic lines), LT 235/85 R16 (tall and skinny) Firestone Winterforce snow tires (no studs) and square alloy chains with cams and spreaders for the rear on call. Double battery setup (just added finally), upgraded alternator and fan clutch, tow and plow prep packages. It's a good plow rig and pretty unstoppable. The mini light bar was new last year and replaced a small single light unit that was too dim. In the rear is a Honda HS520 single stage (just replaced scraper and paddles) and a Husqvarna ST224P, yet to see snow. The Honda snow blower doesn't see much use and I expect that the Husqvarna will see even less. It's just a contingency for the big storms and to back up the Honda since my kids aren't around to ride shotgun and shovel anymore :(

Attachments

• plow truck no name.jpg
    plow truck no name.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 18

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
All dressed up and nowhere to go, as usual. All of the snow from the weekend storm washed away with the rain except for the northern extreme of my route. Being on the shore that happens all too often. Sooner or later we'll end up getting dumped on.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 with 8'2" Boss Power V XT (all new exterior hydraulic lines), LT 235/85 R16 (tall and skinny) Firestone Winterforce snow tires (no studs) and square alloy chains with cams and spreaders for the rear on call. Double battery setup (just added finally), upgraded alternator and fan clutch, tow and plow prep packages. It's a good plow rig and pretty unstoppable. The mini light bar was new last year and replaced a small single light unit that was too dim. In the rear is a Honda HS520 single stage (just replaced scraper and paddles) and a Husqvarna ST224P, yet to see snow. The Honda snow blower doesn't see much use and I expect that the Husqvarna will see even less. It's just a contingency for the big storms and to back up the Honda since my kids aren't around to ride shotgun and shovel anymore :(

You can always take a ride up to all the New England states, but DON'T wear yout M.A.G.A. hat in the saloons or ANYWHERE for that matter .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can always take a ride up to all the New England states, but DON'T wear yout M.A.G.A. hat in the saloons or ANYWHERE for that matter .. :laughing:..:laughing:

I've thought about hauling my rig to where the snow is but I would likely need to team up with someone there to get enough work to make it worth it. I'd also need help unloading my plow from my truck bed as driving with a plow on long-distance is slow going and rough on the truck.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've thought about hauling my rig to where the snow is but I would likely need to team up with someone there to get enough work to make it worth it. I'd also need help unloading my plow from my truck bed as driving with a plow on long-distance is slow going and rough on the truck.

Darryl, I was jus yankin ur chain, .. nice rig like that is eye candy to some o those Yankee boys, it might come up "missing" .. :rolleyes: ..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's the Husqvarna and my rig out on a job in 2015.

Attachments

• IMG_20181213_172126092.jpg
    IMG_20181213_172126092.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 8
  • pile2.jpg
    pile2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 9

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Darryl, I was jus yankin ur chain, .. nice rig like that is eye candy to some o those Yankee boys, it might come up "missing" .. :rolleyes: ..:laughing:

You were yankin' someone's chain? Really? :laughing: