Is this a good price? Gravely ZT HD 52" Kohler

aviator148

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think I am going to go with the Gravely HD 52" with the Kawasaki engine. The Gravely dealer I am working with does not like the exmarks that were in my price range. The HD is at the very top of my range. My dealer was willing to take 10% off a 2018 model which gets me to a price of $4,679.10. I talked with several other dealers and they either told me no out right and didn't even attempt to negotiate or told me they would only do it on 2018 models and they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock. Including sale tax and free delivery I am getting the mower for $5,065.13. I am sure some might get a better price but being near Houston I have not been able to find a better one. Also getting the light kit installed for $100 plus tax.

Has anyone tried to put a seat warehouse seat suspension kit on a Gravely HD? https://seat-warehouse.com/product/seat-suspension-kit-for-bad-boygravelydeeretoroscaghustlerexmark-ff/

Threads
I think I am going to go with the Gravely HD 52" with the Kawasaki engine. The Gravely dealer I am working with does not like the exmarks that were in my price range. The HD is at the very top of my range. My dealer was willing to take 10% off a 2018 model which gets me to a price of $4,679.10. I talked with several other dealers and they either told me no out right and didn't even attempt to negotiate or told me they would only do it on 2018 models and they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock. Including sale tax and free delivery I am getting the mower for $5,065.13. I am sure some might get a better price but being near Houston I have not been able to find a better one. Also getting the light kit installed for $100 plus tax.

Has anyone tried to put a seat warehouse seat suspension kit on a Gravely HD? https://seat-warehouse.com/product/seat-suspension-kit-for-bad-boygravelydeeretoroscaghustlerexmark-ff/

I have not installed one on those..... It doesn't come with one for that price ????

http://www.congressoutdoor.com/exmark-radius.html

tbzep

Threads
Remember that Gravely / Ariens are built in the Husqvarna factory.......

Huh???? My Gravely was built in the Ariens/Gravely factory in Brillion, Wisconsin. Husqvarna ztr's are made in Orangeburg, South Carolina.

https://youtu.be/-3GRDqITxEE?t=165

Just in case someone gets confused, the red ones are Gravely and the orange ones are Ariens (NOT Husqvarna).

tbzep

Threads
I have not installed one on those..... It doesn't come with one for that price ????

http://www.congressoutdoor.com/exmark-radius.html

The cheapest Radius with a 52" deck and Kawasaki motor is $8500. The Gravely ZT HD 52 is about $5000. I'm not sure of MSRP, but it's below $6k. I bought mine for less than $5k.
The cheapest Radius in your link only has a 44" deck and is listed at $5400. I don't think price point or ridicule for lack of suspension seat is the best comparison if you want him to buy the eXmark. ;)

tbzep

Threads

I love my HD 52. It doesn't have the deck issue. However, to be on the safe side, make sure you spin up the blades before you take it home to see if it has the issue. At least confirm that the dealer will take care of it if it does. I've been looking at those suspension seats also, but I haven't bought one yet.

My dealer is a big part of the reason I chose Gravely. He worked with me on price, delivered it 10 miles to my home, and he and his employees ride and race motorcycles and quads, so I get to talk shop with them when I need something for my bikes. Another big reason is that it is a lot beefier than all the other ZT's with Kawi engines and 52-54" decks at the same price point that had dealers close enough to me. Are there better mowers? I'm sure there are, but you have to consider how much you get for the price and availability of good local dealer support. You are getting a good deal at that price. But are you getting a free hat? :wink:

MowSC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am picking up my Gravely ZT HD 52 next week. Spent a lot of time on this decision and had it narrowed down between the Scag Liberty Z and the Gravely. There were many reasons that pushed me towards the Gravely. The main reason is the dealer who I've known and worked with for a longtime and he also worked with my grandparents before me. They were also the only ones willing to give me a trade in for my Cub LTX1042 KW. That saved me from selling on my own. But the specs on the Gravely beat the SCAG in wheel size, weight, 3100 hydros, belt access panel, seat with arm rests, and a few other convenience features. I'm mowing 2-3 acres and as I clear my land that will grow. With trade I think I'm getting a very fair price plus a dealer that will back it up who is only about 8 miles from my house. Oh, and yes it has the Kawasaki. Can't wait to try out my new Z-Turn!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am picking up my Gravely ZT HD 52 next week. Spent a lot of time on this decision and had it narrowed down between the Scag Liberty Z and the Gravely. There were many reasons that pushed me towards the Gravely. The main reason is the dealer who I've known and worked with for a longtime and he also worked with my grandparents before me. They were also the only ones willing to give me a trade in for my Cub LTX1042 KW. That saved me from selling on my own. But the specs on the Gravely beat the SCAG in wheel size, weight, 3100 hydros, belt access panel, seat with arm rests, and a few other convenience features. I'm mowing 2-3 acres and as I clear my land that will grow. With trade I think I'm getting a very fair price plus a dealer that will back it up who is only about 8 miles from my house. Oh, and yes it has the Kawasaki. Can't wait to try out my new Z-Turn!
Congrats. Going with a good dealer can make all of the difference and I'm partial to Kawasaki engines myself. I don't own a Bob-Cat because I think it's the best machine...I own it because that's what the best dealer in my area sells. :smile:

tbzep

Threads
I've really enjoyed mine. It used to take several hours to mow with my old tractor style mower. Now I'm almost sad that I get done so fast. I'm glad that dealer relationship played a big part in your decision. I think you will be happy with your machine and if you have a warranty issue, your guy will take care of you.