Engine Crankshaft (PTO) specifications for CV20S-65577

Toltec

Threads
I can’t seem to get a good handle on the diameter of the crankshaft where the drive pulley and electric clutch are bolted into it. It appears to be 4 5/16” long based on my measurement but I can’t determine if it’s a 1” or 1 1/8” diameter crankshaft?

Thanks

Toltec

Threads
Tha is for your reply. I did pull up that manual and it does show that diameter at 1”. But it also shows the length of the PTO shaft at 3.321”. Mine is 4 5/16” or 4.312” which is an inch or so longer than the diagram reflects?

Thanks again....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the front section should be the specifications & dimensions.
There you will see that the shaft length is measured from the base height of the engine ( mower floor if you like ) and not the lip of the oil seal which can add a lot to the length..
Having said that all mower engine companies will make custom cranks if the factory orders enough units.
That is where the second & third parts of the model number come in handy, but only if you have access to the B & S Power Portal.

Threads
Yes I agree with Bert........... There are different size cranks for different applications on engines..... Example, You have a riding mower, so your crank is going to be 3 5/32 inch long.... Briggs, kohlers, kawasakis all have that standard size shaft for riding mowers on vertical shaft engines.....

Pressure washers, common types are vertical shaft also with a 5 or 6 HP engine..... Those shafts or short and not even good to put on a push mower frame..... It won't cut low enough......

Even though you have a Kohler engine you still have a 1 inch X 3 5/32 shaft or real close to 5/32...........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only correct way to know what you have is to remove everything off the shaft and measure it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Kohler dealer website shows your crankshaft is a 1-1/8 by 4.3 inches.

Toltec

Threads
Thanks to everyone for the replies and information.

Threads
The Kohler dealer website shows your crankshaft is a 1-1/8 by 4.3 inches.

That's odd my service manual for that engine shows 3.3 inches........

Either way he has a riding mower so if he is replacing the engine it's a win win situation if he's going with a Briggs or ??

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's odd my service manual for that engine shows 3.3 inches........

Either way he has a riding mower so if he is replacing the engine it's a win win situation if he's going with a Briggs or ??

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

I looked it up on Kohlerplus by spec number, went to the crankshaft parts diagram, and clicked on the attachment icon and it pulled up the picture of the diagram with the dimensions.