Engine Crankshaft (PTO) specifications for CV20S-65577

Threads
No a compression test is for the cylinder compression only...... A leakdown test is for the rings, valves and head gaskets ETC..........

It works with a compressor.....

I'll throw a link up in a lil bit ..........

Threads
here's a video on a Harbor Freight model leak down tester.......... The video shows how and what to look for and listen for ..........

A very useful tool in our shop saving time for sure...........

https://youtu.be/jc3j4ShE-tk

(Account Closed)

Threads
here's a video on a Harbor Freight model leak down tester.......... The video shows how and what to look for and listen for ..........

A very useful tool in our shop saving time for sure...........

https://youtu.be/jc3j4ShE-tk

Yup ^^^.

It'll also give you an idea of the INTERNAL health of your engine overall.

That little head gasket leak, doing a compression test, wouldn't leak out fast enough and would show GOOD compression.

The leak down tester, you would see on the gauge how mush it's leaking and from where.

From a very old Stihl chain saw, two stroke, (partial basket case) I worked on:
(major leakage)

Toltec

Threads
Sorry for the long delay in posting an update on my project but have been otherwise busy.

I decided to replace the head gasket and clean up those valves. Engine is back running great!

Thanks again to everyone e who took time to help me on this matter. What a great forum!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad that it was all that you needed!!

valve79

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any engine will bolt on being Briggs, Kawi, Kohler, ETC ETC........ When the pulley is off you can measure the shaft with a tape or some calipers, you can hand make calipers and then transfer that to a piece of paper then measure with a ruler.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!
My old cv20s blew a connecting rod. Was 1 inch by about 4. Bought used engine and shaft is 1 and 1/8 . I cannot find a pto clutch that will fit my scag sthm. Any words of wisdom? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All of the PTO clutch makers have an on line catalogue
All of them make a range of 1.125" clutches because the commercial engine have a 1.125" crank ( one reason why they are more expensive )
The really tricky bit is getting one with the same connectors as yours.

look at your clutch.
It will have the makers name , model & serial numbers on it

OR

23 pages of 1.125" PTO clutches
Find one with the same size pulley and a pig tail so you can wire it into your mower
Check the photos to see what anchoring holes / slots it has
You can just about put any one one
The really important thing is the pulley size as that controls the blade speed
Check the application ( right click the More button ) and see what it is fitted to
Find one that is used for the same size or next larger deck size as yours.