Locking cam shaft

jarmendariz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Fas Trak Super Duty model 930123. I had to change the pump drive belt due to the fact that the pump belt had many cracks in the belt. On my model, I had to remove the Warner MagStop Clutch Brake so that I could remove the old pump drive belt from the drive pulley and replace the old belt with the new pump drive belt. Upon replacing the clutch brake, everything went well until I had to torque the D-drive spacer. The torque as per Warner is 55-60 ft. lbs. In torqueing the d-drive spacer, I was able to get to about 20 lbs. and then the cram shaft started to turn so I was unable to properly torque the d-drive spacer to the proper 55-60 ft. lbs.

I need to somehow lock the cam shaft so that it will not turn and then I will be able to torque the d-drive spacer to 55-60 ft. lbs.

Has anyone had to change the pump drive belt so they can tell me how to lock the cam shaft so that it will not turn and then I can properly torque the d-drive spacer to 55-60 ft. lbs.?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get some nylon or cotton rope that will fit in your spark plug hole. Insert the rope till no more will go in then start tightening the bolt. It will move some till it compresses the rope then it will lock tight. When done turn bolt backward till you can remove the rope.

jarmendariz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Get some nylon or cotton rope that will fit in your spark plug hole. Insert the rope till no more will go in then start tightening the bolt. It will move some till it compresses the rope then it will lock tight. When done turn bolt backward till you can remove the rope.

Thank you for you response. I will use your answer.