Won’t start

Thoremilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman garden tractor: hit the key cranks for second then stops pull the plug and it will crank forever. Battery is new unit is 2 years old very limited use. Any ideas thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Complete model numbers for the mower & engine would be good.
You symptoms are typical of no decompression.
Check the valve lash.
If the valves are correct & the inlet does not reopen to ,decompress ( depending upon which engine you have ) then the Decompression mechanism on your cam is broken.

Threads
Complete model numbers for the mower & engine would be good.
You symptoms are typical of no decompression.
Check the valve lash.
If the valves are correct & the inlet does not reopen to ,decompress ( depending upon which engine you have ) then the Decompression mechanism on your cam is broken.

I agree with Bert......... That is a common issue on this forum..... Either the valves are out of adjust or the ACR is laying in the sump..... Easy repair and the cam is less than 90 bux..............

Let us know about the valve adjustment ...........

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Craftsman section.

Thoremilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with Bert......... That is a common issue on this forum..... Either the valves are out of adjust or the ACR is laying in the sump..... Easy repair and the cam is less than 90 bux..............

Let us know about the valve adjustment ...........

Is this a common problem, the tractor is less than years old. Not many hours at all..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is this a common problem? Can’t answer that question until you tell us the make, model numbers of your engine. It is more common in some engines, than others, but you have to answer our questions before we can answer yours. Why should the techs on this forum guess as to the problem, when you could just give us some numbers and we can give you specific answers.