New 52" Raptor

iclick

Threads
Kawasaki engines will flood very easily. The choke cable location relative to the ignition switch is not ergonomic and makes it quite difficult to get the choke turned off quickly enough. So, only choke it enough to cut back on the oxygen enough to enrich the fuel air mixture no longer than it requires to remain running.

I noticed the ergonomic issue. I just tried reaching under the armrest with my left hand to activate the choke while twisting the ignition key with the right hand. Didn't actually crank it but the contortion seems workable.

And, bite your tongue on the black forks. You'll lose friends and make enemies with that kind of babbling! lol. Joke

I've kind of grown to like the black accents on my car, so that tolerance has extended into my mower. The car is fast, so I thought it might improve performance on the mower. What do you think?

Corvette C7 GS 2017-6L.jpg

Will look for your upgraded dash setup.

iclick

Threads
The two-handed choke method mentioned above works fine.

EricC

Threads
my armrests flip up so if it happens to be down, I flip it up and use the 2 handed method, 1 hand on choke, the other to turn the key and immediately push choke down and let her warm up a bit before hitting the lawn.

mhavanti

Threads
Anything that works is always a good thing.

Filer

Threads
I'm on my second season of using a 52" Raptor Limited to mow 4+ acres of thick grass on gently rolling land. That's more than most people use an EZT equipped Raptor on, but it definitely will efficiently mow that much. I mowed the whole place yesterday and still had time to cut down a tree. I've got 132 hours on it with no problems.

iclick

Threads
I'm on my second season of using a 52" Raptor Limited...no problems.

That's encouraging and I assume the Limited is very similar to my 2018 Raptor 52". I'm on about nine hours now, did my first oil/filter change at five hours with Mobil1 15w50 and a Fram Ultra XG4967, removed the pulley covers, and as per Mhavanti's mod suggestions I added an hour meter and voltmeter. So far no problems here. With the Seat Suspension and Flex Forks it glides across my rough yard without jarring my tailbone out of its socket. In fact it feels like a small car gliding along. Although handling took a bit of getting used to compared to my smaller Craftsman ZTR, it was not because of any shortcoming with the Raptor but rather nuances you would expect from two different brands separated by 12 years.

One minor complaint might be that when mowing the steering levers have a gap between them that makes it difficult to hold speed and do minor control with one hand. I do this a few times each session when I need to hold a tree branch away from me while moving under a tree. My old Craftsman levers were closer together which made it easier to control in this type of situation. I thought about rigging something to fit over the foam grips to extended them, or maybe bending the levers inward a bit, but I'm getting used to this configuration and may resist the temptation to modify it. It's in my nature to modify things and sometimes I need to show restraint. I'm sure some of you can sympathize, but if anyone has an easy mod I'll listen.

Watco2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,
I just bought a 2019 Raptor 52" mower and I'm very pleased with it, except the deck height letters. Does anyone know of anyone making new stickers with the actual heights instead of letters? Thanks

mhavanti

Threads
Iclick,

For your sticks to be closer together (touching actually) remove them from outside the steering levers, reattach them inside, adjust to taste and you're off and running. Have you joined the Hustler Mower Owners Group in Facebook?

If not, here is the link for Hustler Mower Owners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HustlerMowerOwners/

That's encouraging and I assume the Limited is very similar to my 2018 Raptor 52". I'm on about nine hours now, did my first oil/filter change at five hours with Mobil1 15w50 and a Fram Ultra XG4967, removed the pulley covers, and as per Mhavanti's mod suggestions I added an hour meter and voltmeter. So far no problems here. With the Seat Suspension and Flex Forks it glides across my rough yard without jarring my tailbone out of its socket. In fact it feels like a small car gliding along. Although handling took a bit of getting used to compared to my smaller Craftsman ZTR, it was not because of any shortcoming with the Raptor but rather nuances you would expect from two different brands separated by 12 years.

One minor complaint might be that when mowing the steering levers have a gap between them that makes it difficult to hold speed and do minor control with one hand. I do this a few times each session when I need to hold a tree branch away from me while moving under a tree. My old Craftsman levers were closer together which made it easier to control in this type of situation. I thought about rigging something to fit over the foam grips to extended them, or maybe bending the levers inward a bit, but I'm getting used to this configuration and may resist the temptation to modify it. It's in my nature to modify things and sometimes I need to show restraint. I'm sure some of you can sympathize, but if anyone has an easy mod I'll listen.

mhavanti

Threads
Watco2,

Yes Sir, there is a gentleman that may still have a few left in the Hustler Mower Owner group that made them. Join the Hustler Mower Owner group in Facebook so I can hook you up with him.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HustlerMowerOwners/https://www.facebook.com/groups/HustlerMowerOwners/

Hi everyone,
I just bought a 2019 Raptor 52" mower and I'm very pleased with it, except the deck height letters. Does anyone know of anyone making new stickers with the actual heights instead of letters? Thanks

iclick

Threads
For your sticks to be closer together (touching actually) remove them from outside the steering levers, reattach them inside, adjust to taste and you're off and running.

Never thought of that and will try it. Thanks for the idea.