Where can I get Huffy lawnmower parts?

Huffy Dude

Threads
1969 - 1974 Huffy Sheraton or Caprice. Looking for mower junkyards or anyone willing to sell the unique blade pulley. (see pic) I think these direct drive pulleys were only made for Huffys, maybe some MTD's and Craftsman riding mowers. I welded the pulley back together 5 years ago. Worked OK, but last year, it was burning thru belts and just vibrating way too much which is probably ruining the engine. I found 2 junkyards, but they weren't very helpful and won't ship. Within 2 hours of Cleveland, OH would be awesome, but I'll take any junkyard in the world willing to sell me this pulley

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The reason you are burning up belts is the adjusting bolt has fallen out ( top left in your photo )
This has allowed the guard over the top pulley to run on the middle pulley and the belts to rub where they should not be running.
I am no huffy experts but can see the whole blade engagement set up is wrong.
Hopefully an owner can provide you with a picture of the correct set up for the pulley & belts.
You can clearly see how the top pulley used to pivot, away from the middle pulley not towards it.