Front wheel tube for Weedeater One -straight valve or angled ?

donnybegood

Threads
  • / Front wheel tube for Weedeater One -straight valve or angled ?
Hi Fellow Weedeater 1 Warriors,

I need a front wheel tube 3.50/4.00-4 .
The valve stem broke off when I was getting the tube out and I didn't take notice if the stem was straight or angled. And unfortunately the broken valve stem was thrown out.

Fortunately, I'm able to buy either online. Im guessing it was angled but can anyone confirm this ?

Thank you.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Fellow Weedeater 1 Warriors,

I need a front wheel tube 3.50/4.00-4 .
The valve stem broke off when I was getting the tube out and I didn't take notice if the stem was straight or angled. And unfortunately the broken valve stem was thrown out.

Fortunately, I'm able to buy either online. Im guessing it was angled but can anyone confirm this ?

Thank you.

What ..?? you only have 1 wheel..?? look at the other wheel ..!!

donnybegood

Threads
What ..?? you only have 1 wheel..?? look at the other wheel ..!!

Yes. Did so, and it has angled valve in it. But, I've had very little to do with tyres and tubes, and also not sure if the previous owner put in an angled valve when a straight was the original. Rephrasing my question, looking at a wheel rim off the mower with the tube removed , what's the dead give away for which valve to use ?
Cheers,

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would use an angled valve stem. You won't be able to get a air chuck on the straight stem.. Will be jammed up against the center spindle of the rim.

donnybegood

Threads
I would use an angled valve stem. You won't be able to get a air chuck on the straight stem.. Will be jammed up against the center spindle of the rim.

Thanks for that. Will do then.

Ive posted another thread too regarding the diff . I have the whole transaxle disassembled (I do know about this kind of thing, lol), and awaiting a new diff to arrive, (2-3 weeks). So Im ordering anything else I need or may need.

I only purchased the mower a couple of weeks back, knowing there was something wrong with the transmission, and with a flat tyre. If you have any transaxle related tips from experience, eg., replace the friction disc while Im at it, please let me know on the other thread.