R U READY 2 CUT UR CABLE ??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Since folks are finally gettin really pissed-off with their cable bills, and going to streaming services, I thought I'd share some info with those, thinking along those lines ..

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/as-...ming-desperate-to-trick-you-into-coming-back/

This is a site I follow, and they seem to be pretty up to date and reliable with their info, in the next 2-3 years, we will see some really radical changes, in our viewing equipment, and services, .... Cable TV as we know it, is dying out..... :thumbdown:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can not win.
Right now sports in particular get a large lump of the excessive amount they pay their actors , err sorry , players from broadcast rights.
If the cable companies go then the streaming services will have to make up the cash shortfall.

The Magic Pudding was a piece of children's fiction.

Cable never caught on down here because we, like the UK have a good government funded free to air broadcaster.
Thus cable had to do better than endless repeats of I Love Lucy & Mash.
So other than sports & religion they had little to offer and the heaviest sports based company struggles on while the others all went bust.
100 channels of trash is no better than 1 channel of trash, it is still trash, designed to make you feel anxious &/or depressed so you will react to the advertisements be they be honest advertisements or sneaky product placement advertisements.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heard some guy at work talking about a jailbroke Firestick that streams everything. Never heard of this but sounds interesting, at least until they figure out how to block it.

Threads
Heard some guy at work talking about a jailbroke Firestick that streams everything. Never heard of this but sounds interesting, at least until they figure out how to block it.

A guy that dates my daughter has one of those jail broke firesticks........ Catches everything..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

TOM THREE .. I've been followin this streaming info for a short while now, and theres so much new info coming out DAILY .... it's extremely hard to keep up with it, I think the most exciting thing I've heard is about, is the new 5G service, with the new 5 G WI-FI phone band , soon (hopefully) folks will have a bigger choice of Internet Service Providers, in the home as well, possibly 5 or more, ( O Happy- Day).. I WILL be cuttin the cable soon, Black-Friday brought me a Roku Ultra, A new Dual-Band Router, A new Ink-jet printer, and a new Laser printer, none of which is installed yet, (waiting on some other equipment and cables) soooon !!.. :thumbsup:

https://www.howtogeek.com/398620/whats-the-difference-between-5g-and-5ghz-wi-fi/

https://www.howtogeek.com/340002/what-is-5g-and-how-fast-will-it-be/

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads

We bought a Roku stick a while back, liked it so well we got a Roku TV for the bedroom. Really works and dirt simple to hook up and use. Plug it in, log in, all done.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Speakin of Numbers ... glad 2 C UR still "warm N breathin" ALMOST gave U up, 4 1 of the "departed" souls !! .. :thumbsup: