Husqvarna YTH24v48LS runs then stalls

jz6pwc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having an issue with my tractor. (Husqvarna YTH24v48LS) It will run for awhile then stall. Can keep it running for a bit longer by using the choke. I am thinking it might be the fuel filter? If it is also wondering if I can replace it with this. https://tinyurl.com/y8j2wdbc

Please advise.

Threads
Having an issue with my tractor. (Husqvarna YTH24v48LS) It will run for awhile then stall. Can keep it running for a bit longer by using the choke. I am thinking it might be the fuel filter? If it is also wondering if I can replace it with this. https://tinyurl.com/y8j2wdbc

Please advise.

If your engine has a fuel pump then yes you can use that 40 Micron filter......... If no fuel pump then you have to go with a higher number Micron filter.........

Try loosening the gas cap also while running it... Your vent might be clogged on top of your gas cap............

jz6pwc

Forum Newbie
Threads
If your engine has a fuel pump then yes you can use that 40 Micron filter......... If no fuel pump then you have to go with a higher number Micron filter.........

Try loosening the gas cap also while running it... Your vent might be clogged on top of your gas cap............

Yes it does have a fuel pump. I was considering replacing it as well, since I am going to be messing with gasoline anyway.

Threads
Yes it does have a fuel pump. I was considering replacing it as well, since I am going to be messing with gasoline anyway.

You don't have to change the fuel pump..... But it's your money .....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What is happening is your mower is running out of fuel.
Several reasons.
1) debris in fuel tank
The instant it stopd, pull the fuel line from the fuel pump and blow back down the line.
If you feel resistance & the mower runs well for a few more minutes then fuel outlet/ line has a blockage
2) clogged vent in fuel cap
Loosen fuel cvap.
Problem goes away, replace cap
3 Faulty fuel pump ( very rare )
hook up a substitute tank directly to your carb and keep it about 1' or better above engine
Problem goes away - pump problem.

When you work out where the problem is get back so we can walk you through better testing & repair.

watson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Install electric fuel pump as low as possible on frame..