2019 Raptor SDX

clubairth

Threads
Hustler website says they use the 3100 hydro's?

Interesting that they cut 2 large cooling windows in the engine guard. I have a 2015 SD54 and added the cover but without cutouts.
I also added the updated discharge chute.

GAP338

Forum Newbie
Threads
My bad on the hydros. Posted before they had updated website and was going off advertised speed being same as SD at 7.5mph.

clubairth

Threads
Actually no.

Look at the deck it's much upgraded and now is similar to the Fast Track as was posted by CAP338. Also bigger Hydro's as I mentioned above 3100's instead of the 2800's on the regular Raptor.
Also a better seat. The SDX is about $1000 more than the regular Raptor. Again they added the engine guard and it "looks" like they also added the muffler guard too but can't really tell from the pictures.
Is it worth it? I am not sure but the new deck is 10 ga compared to 11 ga on the regular Raptor. Upgraded pedal to raise and lower the cutting deck.

Quite a number of differences but you need to look closely.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wonder when they are going to make the frame solid instead of C channel?

mhavanti

Threads
Clubairth,

My apologies, I forgot about the 3100s. I did love how they post 7 mph as top land speed although it should state 8 mph with a 3100 and 22" rear tires.

The engine guard I also forgot about as I have the RSD60 with the better solid guard. The 'vented' guard allows them to utilize the metal for the new double sided anti-scalp mounts. lol

There is a different hydro brace as well that attached not only in the front it also runs all the way to the rear wheel motor bolts as well. Seems it may be a good upgrade as well.

The difference in the deck which is the same deck with the addition of double anti-scalp mounts instead of single side mounts as well as adding the rubber scraper on the left side. The deck has remained the same. Same lift points, mounting points, depth, blade walls, etc. other than the discharge port has the open SDX as before and in the event you remove the enforcement bar and add the over top enforcement bar.

I do not like the round foot lift at all.

As far as the grand, if you chose to add 3100s to your RSD, you'd pay at least 650 each side. The guard would set you back a bill, the upgrade seat would set you back 350 bucks. I'd say a grand is still a bit high, but then, upgrading isn't free.

If you get it, my bet is you'd love it.

Max

clubairth

Threads
Did want to ask since you mentioned 7 mph. Is that fast?
I thought that Grasshopper machines held the claim of "fast" mowers?

GAP338

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do believe the deck is different. It’s listed at 5” depth instead of 4.5” like the standard SD line along with the heavier construction.

mhavanti

Threads
clubairth,

No, 7 isn't fast at all. The 2800s are supposed to give you up to 8 mph. But then that depends upon the tire diameter and final wheel motor rpm input. 3100s are supposed to give you up to 9 mph and again, same for diameters and rpm input.

There are a couple of misprints in their spec sheets they will more than likely get lined out pretty quickly.

The post below mentions one of them.

I'll also be measuring a SDX deck depth tomorrow, Monday, 1/21/2019 and get back to you.

Max