stalling Stihl chainsaw

eplegrand

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have for a while a Stihl chainsaw. Last weekend, I tried to use it. It could start it but when I increased the speed it stalled or almost stalled in case I would release the trigger on time. I tried this for about 10 minutes or more but couldn't get it properly running. A month ago I had the same issue but finally it was working fine. This time it just didn't work and stalled whatever I did. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Peter

Threads
Carb adjustment 1st........... your L jet might be out..... Or a carb clean might be in order for you ....

Here's a link for you on the adjustments .........

https://youtu.be/M6T5JoGXcHY

Let us know how it comes out Mon Ami ~!~!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also check the fuel lines, someone had the same problem not that long ago and it turned put to be bad pipes...!

eplegrand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions. Next time I am back at my place in the mountains, I will first put some fresh petrol in. See if that might be the difference. Then check the rest. It is a rather new chainsaw though.

Threads
Thanks for the suggestions. Next time I am back at my place in the mountains, I will first put some fresh petrol in. See if that might be the difference. Then check the rest. It is a rather new chainsaw though.

It don't matter how old the saw is, what matters is how long the gas stays in it and how stale the fuel is causing gum and varnish in the carb and fuel lines..........

eplegrand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last time, I removed all the fuel and tried to let it run idle (But it was really empty). So no old fuel left. Will try.