Small engine repair course

Eddie01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys. Where can I find a good online small engine repair course that's not too pricey?

Threads
You can go to local dealers and they can sponsor you for the Briggs courses........ You will have access to the tutorials on the basics and fundamentals... Theories and such.... It doesn't matter if you are experienced or not... Those basics will be in the tests......

So they are brush up videos in a sense........ Which brands do you like best ????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
ItsGaf you beat me to it LOL..... I am going to put the 1st video up for him..... Then he can go to the video section on their channel like you showed then go in order of the videos.....

Someone put this vid up on this forum not long ago.... It might have been you....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

https://youtu.be/-B-H5tgxd7E

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kohler have their training course on line
Read the manuals a few times then do the test
You end up with a print yourself diploma,
Looks good on the wall.
Apart from that & what has already been mentioned, get a John Deer technical manual.

Each section has a theory section at the beginning to tell you how the mower works then there is a detailed test section telling how to test each part and more important what order to test them in.

All tractor style mowers are basically the same and the 100 series JD comes in both the cheap manual PTO & dearer electric PTO so that will have you covered for all tractor style mowers.

ZTR's are a bit different .
Mechanically they are all the same but the electrics are quite varied, so no one manual will cover most , let alone all of them.
An engine is an engine is an engine if you can fix one you can fix all of them, they all work the same .Only 2 types really OHV & SV and now days not many SV's out there.

What is going to give you grief are the small hand helds.
They are very very fussy.
The first few sections of the Husqvarna service school are on U tube on Joe Pace's web channel.

After that there are a lot of U-tube channels that provide really good information and good work shop practice.
Donny Boy & Taryl fixes all are both worth watching from start to finish, several hundred of them.

After that I have problems with either the methodology or presentation of the bulk of the remainder as nearly all of them assume that you know what the actual problem is & make lottle effort to explain how they worked out what the problem was.
Diagnosis is the hard bit
Repairs are a cake walk.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Eddie. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our small engine and mower repair section of the forum.

Eddie01

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can go to local dealers and they can sponsor you for the Briggs courses........ You will have access to the tutorials on the basics and fundamentals... Theories and such.... It doesn't matter if you are experienced or not... Those basics will be in the tests......

So they are brush up videos in a sense........ Which brands do you like best ????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Thanks. Will do

itsgalf

Threads
ItsGaf you beat me to it LOL..... I am going to put the 1st video up for him..... Then he can go to the video section on their channel like you showed then go in order of the videos.....

Someone put this vid up on this forum not long ago.... It might have been you....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

https://youtu.be/-B-H5tgxd7E

Nope, it wasn't me. I don't remember how I got to that channel to be honest. It may have been from 'related videos' on youtube after I was binging on Taryl Fixes All.

Or maybe I got to it from a link on here. heh