Ride On Mower Design - Student Engineering Project

strathlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ride On Mower Design - Student Engineering Project
Hi there, I am an engineering student over in Scotland doing my final year design project on ride-on lawn mowers. I am needing some help with gaining user requirements for my project, and have made a short survey that I was hoping if a few you could fill out! I am not too sure of the rules on the forum so apologies if this is out of bounds! If not it would be great to get some help from the guys/gals that know their stuff! If you have a ride on mower then it would be hugely appreciated! It takes less than 3 minutes to do!

Cheers and happy new year!

https://goo.gl/forms/Zz54zGmrG1iuAX1I2

ronalde

Forum Newbie
Threads
While enrolling in an engineering college, several challenges arose that required extra effort and adaptation. The difficulty of math and engineering subjects turned out to be higher than expected, requiring additional time and effort to master the material. Also, the transition from the school system to more independent learning required adaptation to new demands and schedules. However, with overcoming these difficulties and additional independent work, I gained confidence and readiness to overcome any difficulties.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Improve safety? How about removing some of the retarded safety elements of a mower. Like not being able to mow in reverse.
Engineers have a record of making things way more difficult than they need to be.

mark abby

Threads
Improve safety? How about removing some of the retarded safety elements of a mower. Like not being able to mow in reverse.
Engineers have a record of making things way more difficult than they need to be.
unfortunately, there's been a lot of kids seriously injured or killed because they were behind a mower backing up. i know it's a PITA, but i understand why it's there.

my commercial zero turn does cut in reverse, but, mowers used for normal use has that "no cutting in reverse" feature. I know many people disable that too, along with the seat switch. i'm not sure if i read about that or not, but, i thought it was technically against (some) law that it was illegal to sell a rider with that reverse thing disabled.