John Deere Z355E: Cranking Problems

dldodson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had this mower about two years now. The battery appears to be fine. When I turn the key to crank it, I generally have to do this 5 to 20 times until it cranks. The times I turn the key and it does not crank, I get nothing.....completely dead. Just a click and that is it. I will generally rock the mower a bit and continue to turn the key on and off the 5 to 20 times and once it gets juice, it cranks right up. I am not sure what the problem might be and I have looked through the Owners Manual for trouble-shooting. Before I haul it into to the John Deere service center, I was curious if anyone had some advice for me. Thanks for any help I can get on this.

Threads
Well that could mean several things, A Faulty key switch, a bad connection somewhere Positive or a ground wire at the frame where the main battery grounds to.... Take off and sand connector on wire and clean frame well....

That's just 1 thing ...... Bert will be along here shortly with Rivets Between them two they know your manual better than JD does ........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!