Hoping for some wiring help on CV730s

dave_injersey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey folks.... new here, hoping I can get some help and possibly give some in the future.

Let me start by saying that while I have been diy wrenching all my life, wiring has never been my thing.
I ran a search on here, and didn't come up with much, other than links to wiring diagrams which I have seen before and have left me even more confused.

I am using a Kohler CV730S (CV730-0028) to replace a blown Kawasaki (FH601V-CS12) on a mower that I just picked up (Bobcat ZT219 (model 942220A)).
I'm having trouble figuring out the wiring since the two engines had different requirements.
Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes wiring, especially retiring can make your hair grey in no time. There is no simple answer to your needs. You are going to have to take a diagram for each part, (Kohler, Kawasaki and Bobcat) and figure out where each wire cam from and go to. That is what we as techs have to do in your situation. It takes time and patience, which is why it costs so much to do what you are trying to do.

dave_injersey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes wiring, especially retiring can make your hair grey in no time. There is no simple answer to your needs. You are going to have to take a diagram for each part, (Kohler, Kawasaki and Bobcat) and figure out where each wire cam from and go to. That is what we as techs have to do in your situation. It takes time and patience, which is why it costs so much to do what you are trying to do.

I hear ya..... I was hoping someone might be familiar with the Kohler and could tell me which wires need what power...... for example, white wire, hot on acc..... blue wire, hot on start...... etc........ If I knew that much, I could figure it out with a tester.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is why you need to look at the wiring diagrams, which is exactly what we have to do. If you have a basic understanding of how the electrical systems work and have the diagrams, it is not that had to do. This site will help you out, but we are not standing next to you to see the color of wires you have and where they go on your Kawasaki or where they should go on the Kohler. The plugs are not the same, nor are the electrical systems. Look up both engines and when you understand each one, you can start rewirering. https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/

Threads
Hey Dave, Kohler has plug adapters to fit into your plug connector, then into the harness on the mower.....

Be ready to spend about 30 bux....... most all dealers will have those in stock.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!