Does this LB 10515 have a fuel filter?

PRob39

Threads
OK, finally got some decent weather so tore into the carb. Bowl was quite clean as were all the other parts in the carb. Cleaned everything anyway and reassembled. Used old gaskets since they looked fine. Long story short, it now leaks gas very badly out the hole next to the air filter (air intake, choke?). I suppose there is a problem with the needle valve or float but I didn't see anything and thought I put it back together the way I found it. The needle valve just slides into a slot in the plastic float (didn't see a clip). The needle valve is all metal (no rubber parts that I saw). I don't remember if there was anything in the needle valve seat that I might have missed or lost. Anyway, I'm really bummed out. At nearly 80 years old I just don't have the energy for this stuff anymore. Anyone who lives close enough to me to pick it up can have it free (Carbondale, IL). You can contact me at "robinson@geo.siu.edu". I would like it to have a good home. Thinking of buying a Toro.
Thank all you fine folks for your advice.
Paul

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should have no trouble giving it away, some demand for those. There is a rubber seat in the well for the float needle, probably fell out or just shot. Today's gas is not good on those.

PRob39

Threads
Should have no trouble giving it away, some demand for those. There is a rubber seat in the well for the float needle, probably fell out or just shot. Today's gas is not good on those.

Thanks tom3! I must have blown the rubber seat out while cleaning. It wasn't leaking before so it must have been OK. I knew there was a good chance I would screw it up but I didn't have much to lose. I got 25 years out of it so that's not too bad. It did run for a few seconds so I know it's not dead. Hope someone wants it. Carbondale is just 15 miles off I57.