Need help finding a Carburetor

gadawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
A friend of mine gave me an old Wheel Horse rear tine tiller. It has a Linamar ZX 170-E engine that needs a new carburetor but i'm having trouble finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Threads
A friend of mine gave me an old Wheel Horse rear tine tiller. It has a Linamar ZX 170-E engine that needs a new carburetor but i'm having trouble finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I haven't looked your model up yet, what markings are on the carb ?????

gadawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not sure where the makings would be. Here is a pic.

IMG_0110[168].jpg

(Account Closed)

Threads
Might want to take it apart CAREFULLY, inspect and clean.

That units going to be hard to find...

Good luck..

Threads
From what I can see Linamar and Onan are in Kahootz together..... You'll have to find a Onan dealer in your area and get with them, a carb kit or a good cleaning is in order instead of a new carb if I'm right .....

What is the reasoning for a new carb ??

Like SRT said LOL... I was typing at the same time he was .................

gadawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Leaking, can't find a rebuild kit, tired of messing with it. May not have a choice from I've been able to find and from what y'all are saying. Thanks for responding and Happy New Year!

Threads
How is it leaking ???? Bowl gasket or from the venturi / throat of the carb ........ We have solutions on here for on both those issues ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you happen to have the Wheel Horse numbers? I may be able to cross reference the carb number in my Wheel Horse materials. Need model and serial.

(Account Closed)

Threads
How is it leaking ???? Bowl gasket or from the venturi / throat of the carb ........ We have solutions on here for on both those issues ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Plus 1 ^^^. A bowl seal shouldn't be too hard to match.

Leaking from the carb throat is likely a needle seat or needle. The needle may very well be stuck open (I've run across that before) causing the leak (no parts needed). This would occur especially when the engine sits for a long time with ethanol fuel in it and varnishes up.

I'd pull the bowl and inspect (if it's leaking INTERNALLY). Once the needle is removed, you can clean the bore with a Q-Tip and metal polish. Put the Q tip in a drill motor, a lil polish on the tip, insert and run in the needle bore. It'll be like new.

Also inspect (if equipped) the needle seat, that there's no nicks in it. That will cause the needle to leak constantly as will a damaged / worn needle itself.

A bad case of varnish:

*Boudreaux, I'm a TWO finger "typer", probably started a knats hair before you!!

Last edited: